New Perrin Cold Air intake 08-14
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Perrin Cold Air intake 08-14 within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I decided to get a new intake and go with TorquedPerformance stage 1 open source tune. I like most were ...

I Support ClubWRX

New Perrin Cold Air intake 08-14

I decided to get a new intake and go with TorquedPerformance stage 1 open source tune. I like most were debating between the AEM and Cobb intakes. I had gotten a radiator shroud from rallysport and since it would only work with the snorkel removed I was leaning towards the AEM. Now I know you can still use the Cobb without the air box but if I ever go with a FMIC then I would need a new intake due to ic pipe routing.

I never liked the older Perrin intake due to the foam filter. Its just something that didn't sit well with me. I'm sure it was quality but just wasn't a fan. While searching to see if anyone had a used AEM I came across the redesigned Perrin intake. From pictures online it looks very similar to the AEM. The only difference that I can tell from the pictures is the Perrin does not include the heat shield and you need to use a rubber mount from your stock airbox. The Perrin uses a K&N dry flow filter.

The most difficult part to install was the turbo inlet tube coupler even with some silicone spray to help lube things up it was a little difficult. Also the 2 T Bolt clamps they provided only one would work. I was having difficulty fitting one clamp over the turbo inlet section. Luckily I had an extra clamp so just used that now none is chrome one black no biggy.

As usual when you add an aftermarket intake to the car you can hear the turbo spool as well as BPV. I need to send data logs to Eric just in case he needs to adjust the tune for the redesign.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cflip2x; 05-21-2014 at 07:54 AM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks good !! Yea smart idea on planning ahead, I just put a fmic on and it was a headache since my intake didn't work with it

How low does it sit? I'm thinking about cai but worried about hydrolocking. ..again

Stinkeye member 520

I Support ClubWRX
    Not sure if this helps

2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Yeah if you drove through newark when we got all that rain a few weeks ago with that you'd be really screwed lol,
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

Looks like it'd be around walkway up the wheel. Not as low as my last car I don't think. Think I just might go this route, thanks buddy

Stinkeye member 520

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by anpato View Post
    Yeah if you drove through newark when we got all that rain a few weeks ago with that you'd be really screwed lol,
    There are deff some places around Wendy's that I would want to avoid

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

The last light on 21 was so bad it was getting in my exhaust and i was driving through someones wake
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.