Invidia warranty, damaged midpipe

This is a discussion on Invidia warranty, damaged midpipe within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well I was cleaning my exhaust system, to prolong it best I can, and noticed a huge dent in the ...

Invidia warranty, damaged midpipe

Well I was cleaning my exhaust system, to prolong it best I can, and noticed a huge dent in the midpipe. I'm waiting to hear back from Invidia on what they will cover in their 1 year warranty.

I don't remember hitting anything that could have caused this, and I've never had it drag. It's only been on my car for less than 2 weeks now. The dent is high on the side, so no way it could have drug. I dont see it affect anything, but it looks like crap. Just my luck I guess

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Damn that sucks man! I hope you get it squared away!

Sent from Note 3

I highly doubt they will cover that with a warranty. It obviously hit something which isn't a manufacturing defect.

It's a midpipe...who cares. It won't affect performance in the least. Nobody's ever going to see it...personally its not worth the headache and 20 minutes of time under the car swapping it out.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I highly doubt they will cover that with a warranty. It obviously hit something which isn't a manufacturing defect.

It's a midpipe...who cares. It won't affect performance in the least. Nobody's ever going to see it...personally its not worth the headache and 20 minutes of time under the car swapping it out.
    ^This, don't expect this to be covered at all. This is user error and not factory defect. It may be Sh!ty but it is what it is. Similar to when you blow a hole in your 2 month old tire from unavoidably hitting a pot hole and not having road hazard insurance. SOL
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    That's not a defect, that's damage. Did you not notice that when you installed it? Considering its proximity to the downpipe flange, you'd be blind to have not assuming it was there prior to install. Therefore, it occurred in the course of your driving, and I would find it hard to believe any vendor/manufacturer would warranty something like that.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Replacement on its way from Invidia. I was surprised they offered to replace it, but it didn't hurt to ask I told them it wasn't damaged during shipping too. I simply asked what the warranty covered and they offered to replace.

My mother always said, the squeaky wheel gets the grease lol.
    Last edited by tesla317; 05-19-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post
    Replacement on its way from Invidia. I was surprised they offered to replace it, but it didn't hurt to ask I told them it wasn't damaged during shipping too. I simply asked what the warranty covered and they offered to replace.

My mother always said, the squeaky wheel gets the grease lol.
    Wow, I'm impressed. If that's not good customer support, then I'm not sure what is. Congrats buddy! Try not to bang this one up
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Wow...that's interesting. Never would have seen that coming from them.

I'm about to go bash one of my Invidia Q300 mufflers against a curb.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Wow...that's interesting. Never would have seen that coming from them.

I'm about to go bash one of my Invidia Q300 mufflers against a curb.
    Yea Idk if I'd try that lol. I was surprised the replaced it too. They seemed to assume it was damaged during shipping but I clearly told them it wasn't but was unsure what exactly had happened. They still offered so I'm not arguing lol.