[PICS] Pink sealant between DP and Turbo... Hack Job??
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on [PICS] Pink sealant between DP and Turbo... Hack Job?? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This was done by a local tuner on my car. It aI'm no car expert, but I don't really think ...

[PICS] Pink sealant between DP and Turbo... Hack Job??

This was done by a local tuner on my car. It aI'm no car expert, but I don't really think this pink sealant is necessary if the gasket is installed correctly. I don't mind the ugliness of this; I'm worried about is if it will pose an issue later down the road. I would have supplied the shop new gaskets if I knew this would be an issue, but they never said anything.

Also, it does not really instill confidence that they did a good job either on the rest of the installation.

This is a picture of another person's setup. As you can see... no pink adhesive.

Last edited by youra6; 05-17-2014 at 10:38 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Could be that red gasket maker stuff. I use it, but only on the catback section. I don't think it's rated to stand that high of a temp.

And it is totally not necessary if you're using a gasket. I guess it could be used together just in case or something.

I don't see the point in it. Better question is; did you bring it up with the guy who installed it?

I think that pink crap is for the transmission because it doesn't get as hot. If exhaust gaskets aren't working I would use rtv if anything...but to me that's a hack job nonetheless. I don't see how it would hold up to pressure. . .Although when my turbo bolts stripped out I used it between the turbo and intercooler...worked fine

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Stinkeye member 520

It looks like pink poo.... You can still see your gasket in there not sure why they did that....

They might have screwed your gasket up post taking it apart.... This could be there way of fixing it. I don't see that being viable....

Quote Originally Posted by dandankler View Post
    They might have screwed your gasket up post taking it apart.... This could be there way of fixing it. I don't see that being viable....
    There is definitely some kind of leak on my car. The worst part of it is... the leak could be from both ends of the DP. There was a noticeable gap in between the DP and CBE and I readjusted the bolts myself to close it. I can still hear the leak, most likely meaning I would need new gaskets.
    Last edited by youra6; 05-18-2014 at 02:14 PM.

sorry man.....I hate when other people suck.

I Support ClubWRX
    The first image appears to show some sort of metallic gasket between the red / pink goo. You might just be OK. The goo might have been an attempt to seal things up where it was actually not needed.

Either OEM or GrimmSpeed metallic gaskets without goo are all that is needed.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Kind of like a nasty wiener disease. Just wait until it gets black and shriveled, it will fall right off.

Quote Originally Posted by Oilypablo View Post
    Kind of like a nasty wiener disease. Just wait until it gets black and shriveled, it will fall right off.
    Dude....lol thats....disturbing

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Stinkeye member 520

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    disturbing indeed.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.