i want the subaru growl!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on i want the subaru growl!!! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So as I stated in a different post I just bought my first Subaru. It's a 2011 sti. And so ...

i want the subaru growl!!!

So as I stated in a different post I just bought my first Subaru. It's a 2011 sti. And so far I'm loving it! My only complaint other than the fuel mileage......is that it don't sound like a Subaru should. It's all stock and I want the Subaru growl you can kinda hear it with the stock exhaust but you can tell she wants to be louder. I like the quad tips too. So I need some options for awesome sounding exhausts that ain't gonna cost me a arm and a leg. I'd prefer to stay around or under 600 bucks for a cat back. Thanks in advance for any input.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Your probably best looking for used with that price range.
    My buddy has a q300 cbe on his sedan and it sounds nice, but isn't annoying.
    I have a nameless performance abe with 5" mufflers that is pretty nice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

You're probably going to want to look for a used catback. New they're getting pretty expensive.
    I picked up my turboxs catback for 300 or 350. New, I can't remember exactly but I want to say it's above the 600 mark
    I don't recommend the turboxs though. It's too deep for my comfort, and sounds very quiet stilk. Well see what it sounds like with a DP

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ya I'm.lookin for a pretty deep sound. This is my first foreign vehicle and just from lookin at parts on line I can't believe how expensive things are compared to say Chevy parts

Invidia Q300, youll be glad you spend the extra money.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rustyshackleford View Post
    Ya I'm.lookin for a pretty deep sound. This is my first foreign vehicle and just from lookin at parts on line I can't believe how expensive things are compared to say Chevy parts
    You get what you pay for

The Q300 is a nice exhaust. Sounds like it's opened up more then mine

Best sound period though, nameless performance. Anything from axle backs to turbo backs the can be custom made

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

^Nameless perfromance is the best. Sounds like a muscle car, you can get an callback for 450 new

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

I'll have to check into that then. Thanks guys

Invidia dual n1 sounds amazing on mine. It's deeper than the perrin if you've heard it. I couldn't be happier with it. Yes, it has some drone...but it isn't my daily driver and it doesn't bother me anyways. Worst case I can do some sound dampening in the rear if I feel the need.

But sitting at idle, this just has a deep rumble. And when wide open throttle... IT'S gorgeous!

I'll have room check these all out on YouTube. I just want people to know a Subaru is coming not a Honda

Sedan exhausts are cheaper than hatch. If you opt for a muffler delete from nameless you can probably fit a cbe in your budget.

Try to listen to someone's car locally. Not sure where you live but if your in western ny you can listen to mine

If you already have an existing aftermarket 3" catback (Perrin Quad Tip)...can you get just the Nameless Performance Axlebacks and hook it up to the Perrin Y-Pipe?
    2013 SWP WRX Limited Sedan - SOLD

2013 Dodge Charger SRT8 - White

Quote Originally Posted by blknylw View Post
    If you already have an existing aftermarket 3" catback (Perrin Quad Tip)...can you get just the Nameless Performance Axlebacks and hook it up to the Perrin Y-Pipe?
    Yes. I have a nameless abe with a stock midpipe

I Support ClubWRX
    You may also want to check online for exhaust sound compilations and take a listen. Also make sure to note if they are with an aftermarket downpipe
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

got my Invidia Q300 catback new for $725 shipped, which wasn't too bad
    2013 WRX Sedan WRB | Gentleman's Alliance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast