i want the subaru growl!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on i want the subaru growl!!! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by soloz2 Yes. I have a nameless abe with a stock midpipe Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk ...

Quote Originally Posted by soloz2 View Post
    Yes. I have a nameless abe with a stock midpipe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I don't have a stock mid pipe...so the Nameless AB's will connect directly to my Perrin exhaust once I remove the Perrin mufflers?
    2013 SWP WRX Limited Sedan - Stage 2 - TP Tuned

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Go for the gold and pick up the Corsa exhaust. I believe its PN: 14682. It's gonna set you back about a grand though.

However, that is my absolute favorite sounding exhaust on Youtube. <- that wasn't a complete tool remark or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by vweater1369 View Post
    Go for the gold and pick up the Corsa exhaust. I believe its PN: 14682. It's gonna set you back about a grand though.

However, that is my absolute favorite sounding exhaust on Youtube. <- that wasn't a complete tool remark or anything.
    I'm currently stumped on an exhaust too. How does Corsa compare to Cobb on sound? not a lot of folks seem to have the cobb exhaust either, which was what I thought about getting. Never heard either in person
    2014 Subaru WRX Limited Sedan in Crystal Black Silica
    Mods - STi Short Throw Shifter w/ Cobb Bushings, Cobb Tuning Race Red Shift Knob, Totsubo Front License Plate Mount, Corsa CBE
    2009 Acura RDX w/ Tech Package in Grigio Metallic

Retired: 2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS 5-speed, 2005 Acura RSX Type-S 6-speed, 2010 Honda Accord Couple EX-L V6 6-speed.

Quote Originally Posted by XxSullyxX View Post
    I'm currently stumped on an exhaust too. How does Corsa compare to Cobb on sound? not a lot of folks seem to have the cobb exhaust either, which was what I thought about getting. Never heard either in person
    Unfortunately I have no idea how they compare in person. But I really really dig what Corsa is doing these days with the passive sound cancellation at cruise-ish loads. At least from that perspective there is some true engineering going into the exhaust design, which I can get into as a fellow engineer.

Yea it definitely sounds nice on the internets lol. although the pipes don't look as nice in terms of stainless quality looking at pics. I'm very torn, because it's definitely something different and I like different. I also am afraid the Cobb may be too quiet, but I've never heard that one in person either :/
    Mods - STi Short Throw Shifter w/ Cobb Bushings, Cobb Tuning Race Red Shift Knob, Totsubo Front License Plate Mount, Corsa CBE

Retired: 2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS 5-speed, 2005 Acura RSX Type-S 6-speed, 2010 Honda Accord Couple EX-L V6 6-speed.

The downpipe will make or break an exhaust sound for sure. And it's really hard to hear online with you tube unless maybe you have an amazing set of speakers. Especially with elh it sounds like crap online like a Honda but they sound amazing in person

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    The downpipe will make or break an exhaust sound for sure. And it's really hard to hear online with you tube unless maybe you have an amazing set of speakers. Especially with elh it sounds like crap online like a Honda but they sound amazing in person

fair point. I have to get my a$$ over to a local meet and do some listening to different set ups. that's probably the best idea. For now with 2000 miles on my car id like to do my best to keep the warranty in check, so likely won't do stage 2 until I get super bored. the corsa definitely seems like it may get very loud with a catted downpipe, but I dunno.

If you're looking for a good rumble I'd go with nameless. Or corsa. Both sounds amazing and I'm pretty jealous and regretting getting my turboxs. It rumbles but it's very deep from idle to WOT. I want louder...bit like I said the DP makes a huge difference

if u have a hatch, i like cnt allot. if u have a sedan like me, the q300 is worth the money

From what I've been listening too on YouTube I think I'm gonna go with a nameless muffler delete. Thanks for the input guys

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    If you're looking for a good rumble I'd go with nameless. Or corsa. Both sounds amazing and I'm pretty jealous and regretting getting my turboxs. It rumbles but it's very deep from idle to WOT. I want louder...bit like I said the DP makes a huge difference

went with the Corsa BTW. installed it last weekend. sounds really good and no drone at all. gotta have a friend drive it so I can hear it from outside the car too, because I love what I hear from inside, but wondering how loud it sounds...

Quote Originally Posted by mugentheman215 View Post
    got my Invidia Q300 catback new for $725 shipped, which wasn't too bad
    Where did you find it for that price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

I just put on my nameless track pipe with the 4 inch doublewall this morning. Its great sounding and super easy and sheds the muffler. Looks great too with the extra welded on tip.
    fear is the mind killer

Installed a Nameless Axelback Muffler Delete on my '13 hatch a couple months ago and I love it. Its loud but for me great sound. I was worried a bit when I bought it if there would be too much drone inside the hatch/interior because i still wanted to be able to have a conversation with people and listen to the radio at a reasonable volume but this isn't an issue for me.

I Support ClubWRX
    I got a catted Cobb DP and the Invidia N1 Street exhaust.

Good prices. (not $1000 for exhaust...that's retarded...IMHO...spend the money on a catted DP for 08+owners)

1. I definitely have the boxer rumble. It sounds crisp and unreal under WOT. Rumbly and at times, admittedly obnoxious in cabin. It can be dulled by upshifting and keeping revs at 2k.

2. Excellent fitment. I had a 3" to 2.5" Grimmspeed adapter installed to keep it all tight for a long time. Also got the burnt titanium tips so it looks cool too..IMHO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12