cobb stage 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on cobb stage 2 within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey Subaru world. just bought my first Subaru few months ago, a 2014 impreza hatch wrx. im thinking about purchasing ...

cobb stage 2

hey Subaru world. just bought my first Subaru few months ago, a 2014 impreza hatch wrx. im thinking about purchasing a cobb stage 2 package and upgrading stock intercooler. looking for any suggestions or advice on the upgrades. anything would be appreciated thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well the best advise i can give to a new member is, first off, use the search function. This has been discussed in detail numerous times before. But, I will help you out! In my opinon the stage 2 kit from Cobb is a rip off. 2700 dollars is ridiculous! I went stage 2 for about 2000-2100 bucks and that was with top company parts. And there cheaper alternatives than I what I got. If you are willing to spend that much money, look into Invidia. IMO, they make the best exhausts for our cars. The only thing you really need to worry about is an intake. Because Cobb only supports their SF intake and the AEM cold air intake with their OTS tunes. Only thing that matters in the exhaust end of the field is the downpipe. Your downpipe must have a high-flow cat on it in order to work with the cobb OTS maps. So here is a little list of parts you would need for stage 2. And this is just my recommendation/preference on parts.

AEM cold air intake-254.99
    Invidia Catted dp-509.60
    Invidia Q300 catback-910.00
    Cobb accessport-650.00
    Grimmspeed turbo heat-shield-84.99
    Grimmspeed turbo 2 DP gasket-21.99

Total-2431.57

I just saved you like 300 and some bucks right there, and all of those prices are from rallysportdirect.com. You can dig around a little bit and find some better deals and save a couple more hundred dollars if you want.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

And as far intercoolers go, you would be better off to upgrade your stock plastic BPV first. To something like the Forge, bc once you up the boost to even stage 2 levels, the stock one has a tendancy to leak and cause issues. But if you are dead set on a new intercooler, I recommend the Process West top mount.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

im a noob my bad man. but thanks a lot will definitely use this advise and look into these products. I see your in western Maryland what part im in Fredrick county.

Im about 5 mins west of cumberland.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

The stock bpv I think is still ok for stahe 2 but I'd upgrade anyway...stick with a recirculation valve though

Some people can get away with Cobbs OTS map with even invidia catless downpipe. Some get boost creep and spike. I'd suggest fitting an analog boost gage into your budget

And also if I were you I'd look for someone selling their used unmarried accesport. You can get them much much much cheaper then what cobb steals from you and it'll do the same job. Just be absolutely sure it's unmarried otherwise you have to send it to cobb for a re flash which is 300 bucks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Stinkeye member 520

yea that's about hour and a half from where im at. you know of any meets or stuff like that.

thanks all this advise is noted and appreciated.

I used to go to meets in hagerstown, usually anywhere from 5-15 of us. But some big meets to look into are the Ocean City All Wheel Drive meet, which is coming up in a few weeks, and you just missed the first annual Boxerfest at FedEx field. It was a good time!
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

You guys wouldn't happen to be coming up to wicked big meet would you?

Stinkeye member 520

bet it was! doubt ill be able to make it to ocean city but i bet that will be a really great time. one more noob question do you have a suggestion on a new bpv. my plan is to do some saving and try and do all this at one time. if I did all this at once would I need to get my car professionally tuned or anything like that.

I never hear anything for needing a tune for a bpv but you will need a tune for an intercooler

Stinkeye member 520

I don't know anything about that meet. only been a subbie owner for a few months. yea im wondering about a a tune after the stage 2 upgrades, bpv and intercooler which im guessing with what you said is definitely need a tune. you recommend a certain bpv I should purchase.

+1 for Invidia exhaust components. I went stage 2 for $1,778. I have a catted downpipe, and an Invidia N1 catback. They quality seems top notch and the price is great. Better bang for your buck!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Stage 2 can be achieved for about $700
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.