Accessport Reading Extremely Odd Numbers Compared To Boost Gauge

This is a discussion on Accessport Reading Extremely Odd Numbers Compared To Boost Gauge within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so first off the cars a 2014 sti, cobb downpipe (catted), amr intake, amr front mount intercooler, amr up-pipe, perrin ...

Accessport Reading Extremely Odd Numbers Compared To Boost Gauge

so first off the cars a 2014 sti, cobb downpipe (catted), amr intake, amr front mount intercooler, amr up-pipe, perrin blow off valves, and tuned by P&L in Chicago and it should be running just under 17 PSI, the other day it was running extremely low boost, and I couldnt find any leaks or problems so I reflashed the tune, and all of a sudden my peak boost jumper from the 8-9 PSI it was running, up to about 20-21 PSI..about 4 PSI over what it should be..this was the first thing that confused me, but the next day my accessport started reading that the peak boost was over 35 PSI, while my boost gauge never shows over 20.. It sure doesn't feel like 30+ PSI so Im assuming the accessport might just be reading wrong? Also wondering if anyone has any ideas as to why the boost might have shot up from under 17 to 20 PSI when I reflashed the tune on it? I plan on calling down to the shop that tuned it if I cant get any answers here, just figured I'd ask here first instead of immediatley putting the hassle on them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

With your mods, I'm wondering why you were tuned at such low boost to begin with...a lot of Stage 2+ protuners will target 19-21psi, especially on an STI.

Is it possible you are mistaken on your target boost?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I was expecting a higher boost target when I brought it in too..he said it was tuned for just under 17 PSI because my front mount is very large for the stock turbo and that he had to keep to keep the boost down because of that. It ran right under 17 PSI for about a week, then like I said it went down super low, and when I reflashed it it was all of a sudden around 20-21

Yeah why'd you got FMIC on the stock turbo anyway?

It actually doesn't make sense to me that you tune for lower PSI on a FMIC than anything...to be honest with you, that's lower than target boost from an OTS Cobb Stg 2 map.

Run some datalogs and post them up.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

I plan on upgrading my turbo eventually, I just wanted to see what gains I'd get out of a stock turbo with the front mount, and if I would consider that "enough" power for me. I didn't want to spend a bunch of money and have it end up being too much power where I didn't like it. Ill post some datalogs later when I'm not at school.

Sounds good.

But honestly, an FMIC isn't really an upgrade on the stock turbo...TMICs are almost always better unless you're looking at going with a large turbo or a rotated setup.