Rear o2 sensor problem

This is a discussion on Rear o2 sensor problem within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay, so I was putting an Invidia Catless DP in and of course I had to remove the stock downpipe. ...

Rear o2 sensor problem

Okay, so I was putting an Invidia Catless DP in and of course I had to remove the stock downpipe. The o2 sensor was rusted in and despite 2 days of trying to remove it with a blowtorch, tons of PB Blaster, o2 socket set, giant wrench, torque wrench, etc, it would not come out. I was advised to cut the wire and simply let the protune I'm having get rid of the CEL. Is this an acceptable alternative or should I buy a replacement?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    If you absolutely can't remove it, I wouldn't cut the wire. But rather just unplug it. If it just monitors the cats then Its not needed if your getting a tune. I know on my car its just there to monitor cat efficient.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    What vehicle? Any of the DBW/32 ECU vehicles need to keep the rear O2 operational due to the fact they do impact fueling and are not just for monitoring catalyst efficiency.
    Last edited by Donkey; 05-08-2014 at 07:01 AM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Yeah just unplug it...find a new one on ebay, classifieds or whatever for $30, and use that.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Like Donkey was saying, it depends on what car you have.. can't give advice without that info.