TMIC or FMIC

This is a discussion on TMIC or FMIC within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; We'll guys what do you think? A better TMIC or go with a FMIC?...

TMIC or FMIC

We'll guys what do you think? A better TMIC or go with a FMIC?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well, there's not much to say if you don't give us your setup or your objectives...

Sent from my Nexus 4

I Support ClubWRX
    A high quality TMIC (bar and plate) upgrade will serve you very well. These will outperform a mediocre FMIC. As long as you have a stock location turbo, I would (and did) go with a high quality TMIC (ProcessWest, and ETS make excellent ones). If you are going with a rotated turbo set up, then a high quality FMIC would be the way to go. Here are some links with a little info on each. Either way, you would want to get the car properly tuned to take advantage of the benefits whatever intercooler you end up going with.

FMIC FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC

TMIC FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Since you have an 05 you will have more choices for TMIC. If you dont need a new one then I would say spend the money on other upgrades.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Unless you're running a large or rotated turbo setup...stick with TMIC.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I'm running a TBE all catless and catless up pipe. I just want to pull as much as I can out of my stage 2 while I slowly collect Everything for a vf39 upgrade. Lol

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    +1 to the above. Skip the FMIC. Even with a vf39, it won't benefit you

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by 05'Franco View Post
    I'm running a TBE all catless and catless up pipe. I just want to pull as much as I can out of my stage 2 while I slowly collect Everything for a vf39 upgrade. Lol
    With either one, you won't benefit fully without a retune anyway...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 05'Franco
    A small turbo warrants the powerband and response as soon as possible, which means you should be looking at a TMIC. As mentioned, PW or ETS are what you should be considering.