STAGE 2? ? ? COBB AP

This is a discussion on STAGE 2? ? ? COBB AP within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Thinking about buying a COBB AP and going Stage 2 with Downpipe and intake. what are your thoughts?? Owner of ...

STAGE 2? ? ? COBB AP

Thinking about buying a COBB AP and going Stage 2 with Downpipe and intake. what are your thoughts??

Owner of a 2014 Black Wrx Hatchback 6.5k Miles.

Wanting better sound and power, and a stronger running engine!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Should be fine as long as you follow the map notes.. but you should datalog every once in a while to make sure your car is happy with the map.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Should be fine as long as you follow the map notes.. but you should datalog every once in a while to make sure your car is happy with the map.
    +1

Also, whenever you are deciding to buy your parts to go stage 2, the only real specific thing you need to buy is the intake. Meaning, that you DO NOT have to buy Cobb's turbo back exhaust to run their stage 2 map. The only thing that matters in the exhaust is that the downpipe MUST have a cat. So you can run an invidia, nameless, turboxs, etc turbo back exhaust as long as the downpipe has has the high-flow cat. Cobb only supports their SF or the AEM cold air intake with their OTS maps. Doesnt mean that you absolutely have to use one of those 2 intakes though. Some companies, such as perrin, will supply you with their stage 2 map for the intake when you purchase an intake from them.

But good luck, stage 2 is an amazing step in power, and alot of fun!
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

I did that set up with my 2014 and I am happy. I did the cobb ap, sf, and DP, with the dual invidia n1 and I couldn't be happier with the power and sound

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    ^This

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-maniac View Post
    Also, whenever you are deciding to buy your parts to go stage 2, you DO NOT have to buy Cobb's turbo back exhaust to run their stage 2 map. The only thing that matters in the exhaust is that the downpipe MUST have a cat. So you can run an invidia, nameless, turboxs, etc turbo back exhaust as long as the downpipe has has the high-flow cat. Cobb only supports their SF or the AEM cold air intake with their OTS maps. Doesnt mean that you absolutely have to use one of those 2 intakes though. Some companies, such as perrin, will supply you with their stage 2 map for the intake when you purchase an intake from them.
    ^and this

Stage 2 is about the biggest bang for your buck as far as power mods. And it's simple. There are other options besides the Cobb AP. I personally don't like the OTS maps from Cobb, there is much left to be desired. All you really need to make the stage 2 power is a downpipe and a tune. But I imagine, like many of us, you will want a few more mods with that

id suggest getting a protune

Quote Originally Posted by 13WrXx View Post
    id suggest getting a protune

Not a bad idea..

Yea I think a $500 investment is a good idea when it comes to modding and a peice of mind.

Much appreciation guys to the advice, i'll be getting my COBB ap in soon! Is installation easy?

Also i've been hearing things about the invidia catless and catted downpipe, what are the differences? Besides the fact it doesnt have a catalytic converter... (DUH). Also, running catless is illegall in Hawaii!

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Yes, installation is easy. Just read the manual that comes with the AP and it should be very clear.

That is the only difference b/t catted and catless. Invidia also offers different styles like divorced and bellmouth.

If your planning on running the ots maps get a catted downpipe. The cobb maps are meant for catted downpipes,

With the catless DP there is a higher tendency to see boost creep issues, that sometimes can be tuned out but for the most part can only be solved with and EWG setup. Just some food for thought, i personally went with the catted DP.
    2013 WRX Sedan WRB | Gentleman's Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Dwata808 View Post
    Also i've been hearing things about the invidia catless and catted downpipe, what are the differences?

Cobb's map notes for stage two clearly state that a CATTED downpipe is required.

iH4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwata808 View Post
    Thinking about buying a COBB AP and going Stage 2 with Downpipe and intake. what are your thoughts??

Owner of a 2014 Black Wrx Hatchback 6.5k Miles.

Wanting better sound and power, and a stronger running engine!
    I'm running that exact setup, all from Cobb catted downpipe, intake, (not pro-tuned, yet) but very, very pleased with performance - night and day from stock. I went to Stage 1 at 1k miles, then Stage 2 at 3k miles... in less than a year, I have already racked 19,000 with no issues... bought the car back in June 2013.
    Time for AWD fun! CBS 2013 WRX Sedan - SoCal - OC