Just installed new castles downpipe and smells really bad

This is a discussion on Just installed new castles downpipe and smells really bad within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Is this normal? I did just get a tune after I put the downpipe on and it has been a ...

Just installed new castles downpipe and smells really bad

Is this normal? I did just get a tune after I put the downpipe on and it has been a few days now. But the burning smell is not going away. I trimmed my ac condenser tube so it's not touching. And I am cat less from turbo back. Please help!!,!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Having a catless downpipe definitely has a very foul smell to it. This is one of the things I don't like about catless DP's and is normal. It is more of a gas smell though (more like a raw exhaust smell - like if you have ever been near a motorcycle with no cat?) as opposed to a burning smell. Most noticeable if you have a rich tune and at start up.

Yeah, taking out the cats will do that... it's normal, nothing to worry about. I wanted to avoid that, so I went catless do and catted exhaust