Cobb intake installed, question about it
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cobb intake installed, question about it within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So Cobb intake is installed, been reading a lot about that and the accessport as far as of you NEED ...

Cobb intake installed, question about it

So Cobb intake is installed, been reading a lot about that and the accessport as far as of you NEED the accessport or not with the intake and iv got that you don't absolutely need it unless you want the most performance out of the intake. So my question is if I'm gona be alright without it? I just don't want to ruin my car lol. By the way I have a 2014 wrx hatch. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

pretty sure you do need a tune for an intake....

I Support ClubWRX
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRice14 View Post
    So Cobb intake is installed, been reading a lot about that and the accessport as far as of you NEED the accessport or not with the intake and iv got that you don't absolutely need it unless you want the most performance out of the intake. So my question is if I'm gona be alright without it?
    This isn't a matter for debate. Cobb's own product description is unquestioningly clear:
    Calibrations
    All aftermarket intakes for 08+ Subarus require tuning, regardless of manufacturer, in order to ensure the MAF sensor reads properly and the engine operates within safe parameters. COBB Tuning has you covered with Off-The-Shelf Maps for the Accessport, making it as easy as install, flash and go! Head over to the Subaru Accessport Map Database to view the full selection of SF Intake Maps for your vehicle.
    COBB Tuning - Subaru SF Intake Kit

RTFM.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Revert to stock intake. Order AP asap. Install intake and AP at same time and flash to stage 1.

Nearly every single thing we install on these cars needs a tune for.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I had to tune just for hood dampers.

Make sure you flash to the Stage 1 + SF map. That is for the intake. Also be aware of the gas you use, and pick your map accordingly.

Also, be aware of your target boost. If you are low, more than a + or - 1 margin, use the HWG map. If you are over boosting, use LWG.

Finally, DO YOUR RESEARCH. Read what cobb says and how to datalog properly. You paid a lot for that car, take the time to protect your investment. Good luck

Thanks guys I appreciate it. Will a v2 sub003 AP work for mine? And I'm confused about the gas selection, I'm in ohio and I use 93 octane

Thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    It will work. And use the 93 sf intake stage 1 tune. Cheers.

How are you liking the intake thus far? I thought about pulling the trigger on one, but I'm unsure if I'd like the BPV sound on a daily basis...
    '13 WRX WRB Sedan
    Rain, sleet, snow... drive it.

Sounds like pure bliss. I find myself using extra throttle between shifts to hear it taking in air.
    Its not just the bpv sound, you hear more of the intake taking in air under throttle.
    Get it, if u don't like it, it sells easily

Quote Originally Posted by BlankWRX View Post
    How are you liking the intake thus far? I thought about pulling the trigger on one, but I'm unsure if I'd like the BPV sound on a daily basis...
    It's WELL with the money. I bought mine used for 200$. And it's not annoying at all, you only here it when the turbo spools, and yea like 386wrx said I give it some extra just to here it louder lol. Trust me you'll love it

Quote Originally Posted by BlankWRX View Post
    It's WELL with the money. I bought mine used for 200$. And it's not annoying at all, you only here it when the turbo spools, and yea like 386wrx said I give it some extra just to here it louder lol. Trust me you'll love it

Quote Originally Posted by 386WRX View Post
    Sounds like pure bliss. I find myself using extra throttle between shifts to hear it taking in air.
    Its not just the bpv sound, you hear more of the intake taking in air under throttle.
    Get it, if u don't like it, it sells easily

100% correct! Lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.