really bad whining sound.

This is a discussion on really bad whining sound. within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; as the title says im getting a really bad whining sound from the turbo area once i hit 10 psi. ...

really bad whining sound.

as the title says im getting a really bad whining sound from the turbo area once i hit 10 psi. I had a custom realtime tune on the car and i took the battery out to do the sparkplugs. once the car was drivable again, i forgot to upload the custom tune and i was just driving around on what i believe is the stock tune. so i uploaded the custom tune to the realtime section of the AP, and im constantly exceeding my target boost. i shouldnt even be hitting boost in first gear but i keep hitting 5 psi, and in second i shouldnt be passing 5 psi, but i keep hitting 15 psi. and this sound literally just started today about an hour ago. does the ecu need a time to re-assess itself after uploading a tune? What could this super whining sound be? why does the car keep exceeding my target boost pressure for the gear?
    2011 WRB WRX: DW 850 cc injectors. ProcessWest tmic. Custom SRI. GT spec header. Invidia catted DP. Tsudo CBE. GT spec up-pipe. Tial mv-s ewg. Grimmspeed ebcs. Cobb AP w/ custom tune. STI ssk. ACT stage 2 clutch/pressure plate. StopTech/ Wilwood sport brake system ( front). Whiteline 3-pt adj. sway bars f/r.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Car needs 50-100 miles after a flash to get the fuel trim and get used to the tune, for lack of technical words.
    Any mods?
    What'd your tuner say?
    Are your plugs gapped correctly?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Do you need to reload a tune after you disconnect and reconnect the battery? If the tune is on your ecu, shouldn't it still be there?

i found the problem there were several air/vacuum leaks under the hood. my new bov had two air leaks ( my negligence) and the boost controller vacuum line fell of my turbo so the wastegate wasnt opening and when i produced boost it was just blowing out of the line. so i got new clamps checked all my hoses made adjustments and im good to go. a simple hose can cause so many issues.
    2011 WRB WRX: DW 850 cc injectors. ProcessWest tmic. Custom SRI. GT spec header. Invidia catted DP. Tsudo CBE. GT spec up-pipe. Tial mv-s ewg. Grimmspeed ebcs. Cobb AP w/ custom tune. STI ssk. ACT stage 2 clutch/pressure plate. StopTech/ Wilwood sport brake system ( front). Whiteline 3-pt adj. sway bars f/r.