New guy needing some help!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New guy needing some help! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Looking to buy an aem cold air intake for my 2013 wrx. Was browsing the forums but don't really know ...

New guy needing some help!

Looking to buy an aem cold air intake for my 2013 wrx. Was browsing the forums but don't really know all the tech lingo haha. Would this be a air intake system that you guys would recommend? Or is there something better that I could nab for around the same price at 250ish? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

To answer your question, the AEM CAI is a great intake. There are other good intakes out there for your car, like the perrin cai and the cobb sf intake. Just know, that adding an intake to your car will require a tune. If i were you, I would pick up the AEM cai and the cobb accessport and flash the stage 1 map to your car with whatever high test fuel you have regularly at your disposal. (i.e. 91 or 93 octane)
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

Thanks! Answered my question, though brings up another haha. Does it cost much to have the computer flashed like that? And can anywhere do it?

I Support ClubWRX
    An accessport is about $600. Opensource is cheaper, and you use a tactrix cable but you pay for the tune. Read through these threads for some info on each method.

READ FIRST: AccessPORT Overview, Authorized Tuners and FAQ

Cobb AP vs OpenECU (Tactrix/Romraider/ECUFlash)

OPENSOURCE TUNING: Your questions answered here!!! RomRaider + Tactrix

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.