Forged internals? (And 35R)

This is a discussion on Forged internals? (And 35R) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So, I was wondering at what point I should consider forged internals, my goal is around 350 to 450 whp. ...

Forged internals? (And 35R)

So, I was wondering at what point I should consider forged internals, my goal is around 350 to 450 whp.
    It's also my DD, so of course, the last thing I want is to grenade the motor. Anyone have insight?
    Also I keep hearing about a 35R turbo that "drops in" (stock location and internally wastegated) if I'm stage II
    would this turbo be compatable?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Turbo swaps and DD don't go well together.. you're definitely going to want to have another car to drive on a daily basis.

Any change of the turbo will require fuel system upgrades and custom tuning, so not exactly compatible with stage 2 (of course you will need stage two mods, but you will also need a lot of other supporting mods).

Lastly, I wouldn't consider using anything 35r and stock location. At that size, stock location is pretty inefficient. For almost the same money you can go with a rotated setup that will have less lag, and make more power EVERYWHERE in the powerband. But let me reiterate, the car will NOT be reliable to use as a daily driver.