wide band o2 sensor
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on wide band o2 sensor within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So a lot of people r telling me to replace the up pipe for added performance, cool, gonna do that. ...

wide band o2 sensor

So a lot of people r telling me to replace the up pipe for added performance, cool, gonna do that. the question i have is about the exhaust temp sensor in the up pipe. i've read where u can just block off the bung for the sensor and do a 2.2 kohm mod for the wiring, ok that i can do. now can i install a wideband o2 in place of the sensor for an air fuel gauge such as an innovative motorsports gauge instead of blocking off the bung.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    You cannot place a WB02 in the uppipe. It must go behind the turbo if you have one, and must be at least a minimum distance downstream from the turbo. The manufacturer's instructions that come with the gauge will tell you at what angle, distances, etc. to mount the gauge.

The usual place is in the downpipe, and a lot of aftermarket downpipes come with an extra bung for mounting a WB02.

I Support ClubWRX
    Right. Wbo2 does not go in the uppipe. It goes on the dowppipe after the turbo, but before the cat (if there is one). Preferably not too close to the turbo (the heat will wear it out quicker), but depending on the downpipe your distance can be limited. I highly recommend the AEM A/F/R gauge and UEGO sensor.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.