HELP need a used motor with a 1 year warrnty

This is a discussion on HELP need a used motor with a 1 year warrnty within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi everyone and happy Easter. Well my situation has been a nightmare with my wrx. i purchased it used from ...

Exclamation HELP need a used motor with a 1 year warrnty

Hi everyone and happy Easter. Well my situation has been a nightmare with my wrx. i purchased it used from a Non subaru dealer last sept. It was a 2009 wrx hatchback with 77000 km. I made one trip to Toronto from sudbury and my engine blew up basically (Water pump siezed, Timing belt went after destroying everything else, Including turbo). Long story short, I need a motor, Used that will come with a 1 year warranty. This is the stipulation from my aftermarket warranty provider. My Warranty covers the car till the odometer hits 200,000 kms. So I wanna preserve that. Since they are making me put a new or used motor in, I am sure they will have to fix something down the road before my car hits 200,00 kms.
    So where can I get one. The subaru shop here in Sudbury is telling me that there is a place in Toronto that sells fully rebuilt motors that can come with a 1 year warranty. Does anyone know this place, Or of a place I can get what I am looking for. My Car has been sitting in a shop since Jan 15 2014. So this has been going on for ever it seems.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Maybe you can contact JASPER Engines & Transmissions: Remanufactured engine: diesel, marine, import and see the cost of getting one sent to the shop. I have never bough one but i hear they arent bad unless someone has first hand experience
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX