Long block vs short block - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Long block vs short block within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Kevin Pedrosa reason why i am trying to get a better understanding on how to build a ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Pedrosa View Post
    reason why i am trying to get a better understanding on how to build a 400hp wrx but build into it and feel the power levels as the car grows. i think i am approaching this quite well in my opinion.
    That's why I suggested a somewhat basic "stage 2" set up. You would be surprised how fast that setup would be. These cars are pretty good in the weight dept. considering they are AWD. You are focusing too much on HP. I would be more worried about torque. Especially considering the power train is a 4 cylinder pushing a 4 door chassis

Sent from my magic banana...
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    That's why I suggested a somewhat basic "stage 2" set up. You would be surprised how fast that setup would be. These cars are pretty good in the weight dept. considering they are AWD. You are focusing too much on HP. I would be more worried about torque. Especially considering the power train is a 4 cylinder pushing a 4 door chassis

Sent from my magic banana...
    wouldn't it be wise to buy parts (with 400hp car mod list in mind) instead of buying parts for one setup then replacing it for others?

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Not if you build off of it. You're going to need a TBE anyway. Your going to need larger injectors anyway. You're going to need a larger intercooler anyway. Think of the "stages" as milestones on your way to 400hp. It's not two different setups, they all build off of each other. Like one of those russian porcelain dolls...or Legos. That's why you need a plan, and that's what everyone is trying to convey to you. They're laying out milestestone aka "stages." You have a goal but not a plan.

Find a reputable shop, tell them your eventual goal, let the tuner know you will be back in the future (multiple times). They'll cut you a deal on your re-tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    Not if you build off of it. You're going to need a TBE anyway. Your going to need larger injectors anyway. You're going to need a larger intercooler anyway. Think of the "stages" as milestones on your way to 400hp. It's not two different setups, they all build off of each other. Like one of those russian porcelain dolls...or Legos. That's why you need a plan, and that's what everyone is trying to convey to you. They're laying out milestestone aka "stages." You have a goal but not a plan.

Find a reputable shop, tell them your eventual goal, let the tuner know you will be back in the future (multiple times). They'll cut you a deal on your re-tunes.
    i know they do .i was referencing like for an example donkey told me to get 650cc injectors i believe thats what he said, instead i get some that are slightly higher thats what i meant.but yes i will be going through the stages .im not jumping stages per say

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.