Subaru WRX Forum banner

Quietest Aftermarket Perf Exhaust

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  13WrXx 
#1 ·
At some point I will be doing a turbo back exhaust system. I want the best flowing set-up I can get, but I don't want loud at all. Ok I don't mind a bit deeper tone, but nothing loud, fart can loud or otherwise noisy.

What muffler set up should I use, OR can I use the stock set up with a good down pipe?

#7 · (Edited)
This is your quietest aftermarket CBE.

The stock muffler isn't very restrictive, it's all the junk in the cats leading up to the muffler that are restrictive. You could run a new down pipe and mid pipe, and use the stock axle-back with no problem.
This is your quietest option. If you're looking for quiet and want to keep the stock look and stockish volume, just run a downpipe. It's also what they call a "stealthback" exhaust.

#6 ·
The stock muffler isn't very restrictive, it's all the junk in the cats leading up to the muffler that are restrictive. You could run a new down pipe and mid pipe, and use the stock axle-back with no problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.