Waiting Anxiously!!!

This is a discussion on Waiting Anxiously!!! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just ordered the agency power adjustable blow off valve. I must admit im alittle excited, this is my first ...

Waiting Anxiously!!!

I just ordered the agency power adjustable blow off valve. I must admit im alittle excited, this is my first engine mod since i put on the aem intake last year during summer. I have been searching for a good aftermarket valve and i was stuck between GFB and AP. Finally i found a vendor UltraREV selling the AP valve for only $155. There reasoning was it was a bad color batch. The guy called me and said the valve is 110% structurally sound but he has been receiving complaints because the color on the flange is a different shade from the color on the housing. Me personally i really didnt care so i went ahead and continued with the order. It should be in today. Im already tuned so im just gonna set it to 50/50 and hope it doesnt cause any issues. Most people say 50/50 is a good reliable setting with no negative feed back so it should work.
    2011 WRB WRX: DW 850 cc injectors. ProcessWest tmic. Custom SRI. GT spec header. Invidia catted DP. Tsudo CBE. GT spec up-pipe. Tial mv-s ewg. Grimmspeed ebcs. Cobb AP w/ custom tune. STI ssk. ACT stage 2 clutch/pressure plate. StopTech/ Wilwood sport brake system ( front). Whiteline 3-pt adj. sway bars f/r.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I wonder if you would need to re-tune for a hybrid setup.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I hopenot. I hear of alot of stock WRXs just slapping one on setting it to 50/50 and it works fine. If you set it to vent 100% then i know for sure a re tune is needed.
    2011 WRB WRX: DW 850 cc injectors. ProcessWest tmic. Custom SRI. GT spec header. Invidia catted DP. Tsudo CBE. GT spec up-pipe. Tial mv-s ewg. Grimmspeed ebcs. Cobb AP w/ custom tune. STI ssk. ACT stage 2 clutch/pressure plate. StopTech/ Wilwood sport brake system ( front). Whiteline 3-pt adj. sway bars f/r.

MTM
    youll get the RPM dip probably.

Whats the rpm dip?

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    There's no "re-tuning" for a BOV change.