Help finding compatible parts for ej20g
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Help finding compatible parts for ej20g within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi everyone I have a few questions about how to build my ej20g. 1- what companies are for sure the ...

Help finding compatible parts for ej20g

Hi everyone I have a few questions about how to build my ej20g.

1- what companies are for sure the best for internals for 450hp-500hp. I was thinking of cower rods and cp or eagle pistons. don't know about crank options or head internal options except for maybe cower cams. any other options or what I can use.

2. I want to run a vf23 if it can handle this power range. but not sure any help here?

3 this car when done will be a DD plus pull a small boler camping trailer on ocation.
    4 what diffs to use in the car.

I live in Edmonton Alberta Canada

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Are you talking crank or wheel hp? Regardless though a VF23 will not get you there. I would look into the KAAZ differentials. Personally I would look into a 2.1 stroker kit.

http://www.erlperformance.com/the-er...3l-stroker-kit
    http://www.briancrower.com/makes/sub..._stroker.shtml
    Last edited by Donkey; 04-12-2014 at 06:08 AM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I personally like Arias pistons.. they will do a custom one with offset wrist pins that will be much quieter than a standard drop in. And Pauter X-Beam rods are about the best you can get. Manley Turbo Tuff rods are pretty stout too, but they're heavy. Cosworth makes a great billet crank that's cross drilled for better oiling at high RPM.. it costs $3800, but I'll assume money is no object. Manley also makes a similar crank, at a lower cost.

As far as heads, Ferrea valves are great, and so are GSC cams. Kelford is the only other cam manufacturer I would consider going with. And GSCs beehive springs are very good as well.

A vf23 will get you around 250-280whp.. so no, you will need a much larger turbo to make 500whp. Personally, I would ditch stock location right off the bat and go rotated from the start.. much easier that way.

what turbo would you guys recommend? why rotate the turbo? and I'm talking at the wheels

also why not brain cower cams

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenhobbo View Post
    what turbo would you guys recommend? why rotate the turbo? and I'm talking at the wheels
    Because you are not going to get 450-500 whp with a stock location turbo. It's going to take a lot of $$$ and alot of parts. Do you mean Brian Crower ?
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Turbo depends on what fuel you're going to use and supporting mods. I would think something like a Garrett GTX3582r would get you in the 450whp range on 93 octane with the right supporting mods. If you're going to run C16 or something similar then a smaller turbo will get you there.

Rotate the turbo because the largest inlet you can fit under the intake manifold in stock location is about 3". When you're getting up to 60-80lb/min turbos stock location variants are grossly inefficient. There are a couple stock location turbos that would get you close to your power goals.. ATP GTX3582, the FP HTA82 Black, or a Blouch Dom 5.0 XT-R are the only ones I know of capable of moving that much air. But if you take the same turbo in a rotated configuration it will make more boost earlier, and keep going up top where the stock location version will choke. Not to mention stock location is just a PITA to work on. Once you go rotated there are hundreds of turbo options, and in the end it's cheaper and easier to make more power.

also why not brain cower cams

BC cams are very mild in comparison to their GSC and Kelford counterparts. In my experience a GSC or Kelford 272 will make significantly more power from 5500rpm on up compared to a car with BC cams.. if you're going to spend $5000 building a set of heads, might as well do it right and not skimp on cams that will limit your power capabilities.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.