2014 WRX WARRANTY?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2014 WRX WARRANTY? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Quick question in regards to my warranty, I have a 2014 WRX hatchback and I added an invidia N1 Exhaust ...

Exclamation 2014 WRX WARRANTY?

Quick question in regards to my warranty,

I have a 2014 WRX hatchback and I added an invidia N1 Exhaust on it, I know this voids a part of my warranty. I am due for a routine maintenance checkup, in regards to oil change. Would i need to return my exhaust to stock and take my car in? or should i just take it in with the aftermarket exhaust? Will they remember that I have modifications if I take my car in when something goes wrong?

Note: If anything goes wrong I will take the exhaust off and put it back on after the checkup, however this is just for routine maintenance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Your exhaust doesn't void your warranty.

If something goes wrong and your modification is believed to be the cause, your claim can be denied.

I would honestly just leave it on when you go for maintenance.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Hey why don't you just do your own maintenance?
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Idk i'd figure that I get it done by dealership, it's alot easier i guess

It's much easier. It doesnt take too long. Free wash too if you want.
    You warranty pays for the first few Oil changes. Take advantage. You should be fine taking your car in with your exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwata808 View Post
    Idk i'd figure that I get it done by dealership, it's alot easier i guess

oh ok, i like to work on my car. The major repairs i'll go to the dealer but minor things like oil changes, tire rotation, and other fluids i can do on my own. i feel really good when i do it. Of course i do my research before i do anything.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

I Support ClubWRX
    Changing your muffler will NOT void your engine warranty unless straight up they can prove such a thing harmed your engine, which of course they can't. Lots of myths about warranty cover out there, and yes some terrible dealers will push it because people won't stand up to the dealer.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.