Milky white at oil full up
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Milky white at oil full up within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I have to add oil pretty regularly, 1/2 quart about every 1500 miles. I went to add today and ...

Milky white at oil full up

So I have to add oil pretty regularly, 1/2 quart about every 1500 miles. I went to add today and the cap had milky white stuff on it. Nothing on the dipstick. This is the first I've seen it. Is this gonna turn into a bad head gasket? It's for my 2011 wrx. 26k miles. Stage 2.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I looked on my ap. Everything seems fine. Cylinder roughness 0 on all cylinders. Boost is fine. Fine knock is fine. What can I check?

I Support ClubWRX
    What is the ambient temperature at your location?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

50? And been raining for 2 days.

That can happen with lots of short trips. Oil doesn't fully heat up. Mine gets that when it's below 45 and I make short trips.

Well, i know subaru's can naturally burn some oil. But your car is pretty new with only 26k miles on it. So the having to add oil every 1500 miles kinda throws a red flag.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

Everything seems to be leading to condensation. And I thought a quart between changes was normal?

Should I try a different oil to see if that prevents it burning off at all?

It is i guess, like i said subarus are known for burning oil, I would say i used .5-1.25 quarts between oil changes in my 06 wrx. But knowing how subarus are, I check my oil usually once a week or two, and my 2011 wrx (stage 2 and 31k miles) has burnt 0 oil in between changes. Everytime i check it its right where it should be. And i dont recall my 2008 wrx ever losing oil either, but it was bone stock with about 60k miles on it when i traded it in.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

What oil do you use?

I Support ClubWRX
    Humidity combined with low temps and short drives would account for the milk.

1 qt every 3 K is not worrisome.

Your choices are to either pressure test the cooling system and have the oil tested chemically for the presence of coolant, or to check the oil more frequently and keep it topped up with an eye towards submitting a warranty claim before 5 yrs or 60 K have elapsed.

The summer should be telling.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveSAV View Post
    What oil do you use?
    5w30 valvoline full synthetic.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

Oil change was clean. However my oil is filthy after 3k miles. I've been using AmsOil 5w30 full synthetic and been burning a quart between 3k mile changes. Use diff oil and see what that does?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.