fmic info needed

This is a discussion on fmic info needed within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I want to get a fmic now instead of wasting my time with an aftermarket tmic because i do plan ...

fmic info needed

I want to get a fmic now instead of wasting my time with an aftermarket tmic because i do plan on going with a different turbo setup in the future. But as of now if i were to get a fmic would i have any issues running it with a stage 2 tune?
    2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Hatch
    Mods : Yakima Roof Rack, Perrin catted DP, Perrin CAI, Perrin shifter bushings, Perrin AP stage 2, Ebay/Custom 3" cat back, carbon Subaru emblems, blacked out tail lights, Cobb STS, Raceland Coilovers

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Yup. You'll want your tune fixed up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Can it be done with an accessport? I know i cant personally do it but can a tune be made for it?
    Mods : Yakima Roof Rack, Perrin catted DP, Perrin CAI, Perrin shifter bushings, Perrin AP stage 2, Ebay/Custom 3" cat back, carbon Subaru emblems, blacked out tail lights, Cobb STS, Raceland Coilovers

I Support ClubWRX
    Yup.
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log

Cool. How would i go about getting that made up for me? Perrin made the stage 2 tune i have now.

I Support ClubWRX
    Any professional tuner would be able to make you one up. I doubt you'll find an off the shelf (OTS) map for a FMIC.
    2011 STi Build Log

Contact perrin again and have them fab up a custom etune for your set up. Or go with another e tuner. But yes, it is possible, and you need a tune, maybe an ebsc too

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 386WRX View Post
    maybe an ebcs too
    Wouldn't hurt... but it doesn't look like the original poster (OP) is going for much as far as performance is concerned, anyhow. An intercooler must be sized to match your flow requirements. If the OP is buying a FMIC before his turbo, he is either going to lose performance now (if it's sized for the larger turbo), later (if it's sized for the current turbo), or both (if it isn't sized correctly for either turbo).
    2011 STi Build Log

Nah im not exactly buildin a race car. I just like the front mounts to be honest but if im going to loose power i dont want to waste the money if id be better off going with a different top mount im not opposed to that.

Quote Originally Posted by BEASTmode632 View Post
    Nah im not exactly buildin a race car. I just like the front mounts to be honest but if im going to loose power i dont want to waste the money if id be better off going with a different top mount im not opposed to that.
    Yeah stick with a top mount. Most are rated to 400 whp, and it sounds like you aren't aiming for that. Process west makes an awesome unit, one I'm going with. Comes with a new splitter and tubing too

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk