CNT Downpipe, opinions?

This is a discussion on CNT Downpipe, opinions? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm planning on going stage 2 next month and I'm looking for a cheap-ish downpipe. I've found a few CNT's ...

CNT Downpipe, opinions?

I'm planning on going stage 2 next month and I'm looking for a cheap-ish downpipe. I've found a few CNT's for sale, but I haven't heard of them. Does anyone have any input to help my decision?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Why cheap out? Invidia is reasonably priced.. What year is your rex?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i dont have experience with that brand specifically, but i used to have an ebay brand catback & downpipe (erz racing) and didnt have a problem with it. the fitment was great & the quality wasnt bad either. the only reason i ever got rid of mine is because i wanted something louder

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I have a catted cnt DP and it's fine. Fitment was also fine, had a harder time getting the stock DP off then getting the new one on.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    CNT is good. A guy in our local club had one for years. I believe they have a cast bellmouth and everything. He said his fit great and installed easily. It was still in good condition when I looked at it after a few years. He's of the mindset "a pipe, is a pipe, is a pipe."

If you can swing it, Invidia is the best dollar for dollar. I would highly recommend them. You get a forged bellmouth, fantastic build, a reputable brand, and gauranteed fitment. It is definitely worth the extra money, unless you are of the same mindset as my friend in my local club.

I was planning on going stage 1 next month but decided if I was going with a protune, I might as well just go ahead and go stage 2. I'm already a little over budget and saw a CNT downpipe on here for sale, but hadn't heard anything about them. It didn't seem like there was too much to a DP, so I wasn't sure how important brand was.

I suppose that paying a little better would probably be worth it, if even just for peace of mind, although I'd hate to pay full retail. Guess I'll start looking for a lightly used catted DP.

Thanks for all the answers.

Oh, and I have a 2012 WRX.

I just installed a 180$ tsudo DP on my car. Nice welds and perfect fitment. I did plenty of research, and I'm glad I saved 300 by going tsudo. It is catless though, and the smell is more potent than my old straight piped camaro. ..
    There is no difference in power once the downpipe is on there, no matter what brand.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk