315 WHP Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 315 WHP Advice within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, I have been cruising the forum for a while and thought that I would post and get the ...

315 WHP Advice

Hey all, I have been cruising the forum for a while and thought that I would post and get the opinions of those who have a bit more experience modding Subies than I do. As the title says I am looking to get 315 WHP and after doing some research and talking with the tuners at a local shop I have my plan, but wanted to get some insight from anyone willing to comment with any experiences they may have. I have a 2013 WRX wagon with an Invidia Q300 exhaust (Mid pipe back), I was thinking based on what I have read that if I go with a cold air intake (Cobb), Invidia High Flow Catted downpipe and an open source tune that I should be able to hit this mark pretty easy. The shop I spoke with suggested adding a Tomioka uppipe into the mix, but I am not sure if that's necessary. I would love to hear some ideas from everyone based on what they are running. Thanks in advance!!!
    Last edited by highdesertWRX; 03-28-2014 at 08:15 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What dyno will you be on? Your not going to get to 315 with a basic stage 2 setup.

No as far as I know an up pipe is not needed.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

You will at least need to replace the top mount IC as well. I don't think yo will hit 315 without going to at least 20 psi. The stock IC can blow it's plastic tanks above 19.

But CAI, DP, cat back, aftermarket IC, good pro tune, Maybe 315, still going to be tough

I'm sure hell need injectors and fuel pump too if he going to try to run alot of boost,

I was wondering whether or not I would need to do the intercooler, I have been looking at some of the upgraded top mount units over the front mount, but again any insight on this is appreciated. I will have to check and see what type of Dyno they have so I can enter that into the equation. For those of you running a stage 2 in your cars, what are the numbers your seeing? The 13's are rated at 265 at the crank so I figure with loss it should be in the neighborhood of about 212 to the wheels, so even if I hit the 300WHP mark, it should be a heck of a ride.....

300 WHP Advice

Stick with tmic. Look into grimmspeed. They have a nice tmic and splitter. I got 228 whp on mine but mine only started with like 190 whp (06 wrx)
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I was looking at the Grimmspeed and the AVO, I can find a lot of positive on the Grimmspeed, but I haven't seen much in the way of reviews for the AVO. What are the thoughts on a boost controller, I see this debate going back and forth on a few of the threads. By the way, thanks for the insight!!

300 WHP Advice

Go with the grimmspeed 3 port. Oh and no I don't work for grimmspeed...I actually don't even have their tmic or 3 port. I wish I did but I bought all those items before I knew grimmspeed existed.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I've looked at and man handled a lot of the Grimmspeed parts and I have to say their build quality is great. Welds have looked good on everything I've seen and they have a lot of ingenuity in some of the things they have put together (Master Cylinder Brace is a good example). I have a few grand to spend so at this point I am trying to get ideas on the best bang for my buck.

Look at the torque performance stage 3. That map with the listed mods will get there you very close too it.

Thanks for the suggestion!! I looked it over, it sounds like the addition of the intercooler and the EBS are definitely going to be a part of the equation. So it looks like you can upload TP's maps through through the Access Port. I was debating on whether or not I should acquire one of those as well, but most everyone I have talked to say that open source tuning is the better way to go.

Op, another TMIC to look into is the Process West TMIC. I have seen a few in person and they are also a very good build quality and many people run them and love them. To reach your power goals, i would say the following mods should get you there, or very close.

TBE, TMIC, Fuel pump, 750cc injectors, 3-port EBCS, one step colder spark plugs, CAI, and a protune from a good tuner. All of those chould get you well on your way to your goal. Good luck, and start a build thread!
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

probably don't need the plugs unless you're guna be auto-xing/pushing the car all the time.

but the above advice is good, if you have access to e85 then you'll be golden. it's like unicorn piss. fuel pump and injectors are a must with that though.

Quote Originally Posted by WREXXY View Post
    probably don't need the plugs unless you're guna be auto-xing/pushing the car all the time.

but the above advice is good, if you have access to e85 then you'll be golden. it's like unicorn piss. fuel pump and injectors are a must with that though.
    Agreed on the E85. That stuff is awesome. But, with the power goal he has in mind, he will have to do fuel upgrades anyway, however with e85 i would recommend larger than 750cc injectors.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast