Going stage 2 tomorrow! As well as 60k maintenance DIY on my 2011
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Going stage 2 tomorrow! As well as 60k maintenance DIY on my 2011 within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just sharing that I get a full day off to work on my baby for the first time since I ...

Going stage 2 tomorrow! As well as 60k maintenance DIY on my 2011

Just sharing that I get a full day off to work on my baby for the first time since I bought it. I can't wait! And my tool chest has doubled in size, and the amount of research I've done is mind boggling.
    Here's the goods:

And my stage 2 downpipe

Work I'm doing includes, transmission flush, brake fluid exchange, differential fluid change, spark plug change, oil change,
    Accessory belt changes, downpipe and turbo blanket, plastidipping rims, seafoam (maybe), and DEI heat wrapping.
    Thanks to all you guys with the vast knowledge and previous posts that let me learn to do this all myself with the best stuff, saved me 500$.

Happy modding!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    You won't finish...

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    You won't finish...
    Thanks for the positive criticism...... I'm saving plugs for last, just in case I run out of time. Got to gym it up too.

I was just joking. I think you'll have plenty of time (if you plan on using the whole day). Plugs are the time consuming thing on there plus maybe the brakes if this is your first time. I remember my first time doing these things...

Down pipe alone took me 3 hours by myself lol. Unless you pull all 4 rims/tires at once you probably have another 2-3 hours dipping. You might need another can of plastidip too FYI. I did 4 coats/3.5 cans of anthracite grey and it turned out really nice.. Good luck!

Ya I have 4 cans of plastidip and glossifier, just in case. The bolts are soaking in PB blaster on the DP over night, hopefully make it quicker process.
    I'm not sure if I'm going to be doing brakes, I'm by myself and I don't think the wife will help pump the brakes.
    I'm going to try it,but we will see.I'm looking forwards toothe learning process.

I saw a tool that's a pump that you hook up to the calipers, you pumped the fluid in from that side, and then the air bubbles naturally float up into the reservoir. Only needs one person. Kinda cool, but likely not worth it unless you do something like that regularly.

I saw a tool that's a pump that you hook up to the calipers, you pumped the fluid in from that side, and then the air bubbles naturally float up into the reservoir. Only needs one person. Kinda cool, but likely not worth it unless you do something like that regularly.
    I sell them at my store. I get like 50 bucks for the setup.

Yeah I saw that, I debated it, but shops only charge 40 to bleed the brakes for me...so if I can't get help,I'll have to do that with my rbf600. Cool idea though

Nice oil choice

You getting a protune or AP on your s2?

Freaking bolts on the head of the down pipe won't come off. Soaked in on blaster, nothing. Nearly broke my ratchet. Gonna pick up a breaker bar now. Any suggestions?
    And I have a custom TP AP tune, thinking about using a vendor on here and going tactrix cable

well you already used the PB blaster so maybe hit it with some heat? The breaker bar should help but I'm not sure if you're going to be able to use it on all the nuts, it's been a long time since I took mine off but I remember having some issues with getting mine off as well.

More PB blaster. I had to use a breakover bar on my bolts, just be careful not to strip anything.

...and what are you saying about the tune?

What a disaster lol, I ended up getting all the bolts off, except the one on the hanger near the catback , I striped it after an hour with the breaker bar. Taking it to the shop to get it cut off tomorrow.
    I got.the fluids changed. The tranny actually feels worse with the new extra s fluid....lol ugh

More PB blaster. I had to use a breakover bar on my bolts, just be careful not to strip anything.

...and what are you saying about the tune?
    Too late for that. From what I hear, I stripped the easiest bolt. Gonna have the shop just cut the hanger off and hhope I don't need it...
    And I have an AP. I have a torque performance stage 2 tune because I'm going catless.
    And I want to learn to tactrix because I hear great things about a vendor on here. I only have an all in one computer tho

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast