Going stage 2 tomorrow! As well as 60k maintenance DIY on my 2011 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22

This is a discussion on Going stage 2 tomorrow! As well as 60k maintenance DIY on my 2011 within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by 386WRX What a disaster lol, I ended up getting all the bolts off, except the one on ...

  1. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hunterdon County
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by 386WRX View Post
    What a disaster lol, I ended up getting all the bolts off, except the one on the hanger near the catback , I striped it after an hour with the breaker bar. Taking it to the shop to get it cut off tomorrow.
    I got.the fluids changed. The tranny actually feels worse with the new extra s fluid....lol ugh

    Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately, this is the case with DP bolts. I've never had good experience with bolts attached to turbos or very close to them. I believe swapping my DSM turbo I snapped just about every bolt attached to that damn thing.

    As far as the tranny goes, give it a few days. It should smooth out. The time I changed my trans fluid it felt like absolute garbage for the first few hundred miles until everything worked its way around. After that it was butter.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User 386WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Port Orange Florida
    Posts
    360
    I've got a big problem. Bolt blew off my Bpv under full throttle on stage 2 tune. Its snapped in half with it stpicking out of the tmic.
    Any advice on extracting it? Does lowes or home depot carry bolts like these? I know I can't boost like this.


    This stage 2 has been a bad experience thus far! I'm afraid I can't get the bolt out. I having tried yet, but I torqued down pretty good and there's no head to grip it and get it out.
    Any advice is much obliged. Maybe time for a new bpv?

    Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

  4. #18
    Registered User 386WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Port Orange Florida
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by vweater1369 View Post
    Unfortunately, this is the case with DP bolts. I've never had good experience with bolts attached to turbos or very close to them. I believe swapping my DSM turbo I snapped just about every bolt attached to that damn thing.

    As far as the tranny goes, give it a few days. It should smooth out. The time I changed my trans fluid it felt like absolute garbage for the first few hundred miles until everything worked its way around. After that it was butter.
    Thanks for answer to the bolts and tranny fluid! Finally got it all done and installed, only to have a bpv bolt break in half under boost: (


    Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

  5. #19
    Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rocky Top
    Posts
    2,272
    You could always take the other bolt off and go to a hardware/fastener manufacturer/store around your area see if they can't find something for you. Maybe check eBay. Or the dealership.

  6. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hunterdon County
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by 386WRX View Post
    I've got a big problem. Bolt blew off my Bpv under full throttle on stage 2 tune. Its snapped in half with it stpicking out of the tmic.
    Any advice on extracting it? Does lowes or home depot carry bolts like these?

    This stage 2 has been a bad experience thus far! I'm afraid I can't get the bolt out. I having tried yet, but I torqued down pretty good and there's no head to grip it and get it out.
    Any advice is much obliged. Maybe time for a new bpv?

    Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
    The bolt holding the BPV to the intercooler broke!?! That must be some fine Swiss Cheese Suby makes those out of.

    Take the BPV off and see if you can get a set of vice grips on the broken bolt (there should be a little nub sticking out). Or go buy a good set of bolt/stud extractors. It has been my experience that the expensive ones work best. A lot of times on non-corroded parts the left handed drill bit may catch and pull the bolt out too!

  7. #21
    Registered User Scoob1318's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    132
    The same bolt on my bpv snapped as well. Take it off and use a pair of pliers to take the bolt out if there is enough to grab. If not you may have to have the bolt drilled out

  8. #22
    Registered User 386WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Port Orange Florida
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by vweater1369 View Post
    The bolt holding the BPV to the intercooler broke!?! That must be some fine Swiss Cheese Suby makes those out of.

    Take the BPV off and see if you can get a set of vice grips on the broken bolt (there should be a little nub sticking out). Or go buy a good set of bolt/stud extractors. It has been my experience that the expensive ones work best. A lot of times on non-corroded parts the left handed drill bit may catch and pull the bolt out too!
    Wow awesome thanks for the advice. I'll try it on Monday, I believe there is some bolt sticking out, hadn't taken the bpv off yet.

    Thanks so much for the help guys!

    Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •