Flooded WRX - Car Wouldn't Start

This is a discussion on Flooded WRX - Car Wouldn't Start within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So a week ago I came home from snowboarding and parked my WRX in front of my house. Six days ...

Flooded WRX - Car Wouldn't Start

So a week ago I came home from snowboarding and parked my WRX in front of my house. Six days later I come out and try to start the car. It sounds as if it would start and then all of the sudden, the cranking sound changes to a higher pitched sound. I verified that I had a good charge on the battery. I moved to the starter, but I could see the crank turning so I knew the starter was good. 24 hours later I tried to start the car and had the same problems. I had the car towed to the local Subaru dealership. They took a look at it today and told me the car was flooded and it needed a new battery.
    I have a few questions...Has anyone else had this happen? I had good voltage on the battery even when cranking, so how could it have been the battery? If the car was flooded as they said it was, wouldn't I have been able to smell the fuel and wouldn't the car have started the next day for me? I find it hard to believe that the issue was that simple.
    That awkward moment when you realize that an energy drink company has a better space program than your country...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Just because a battery has the proper voltage it doesn't mean it has the proper ampacity. Thats why you load test a battery as well as test the voltage. A far as the flooding issue,I would ask them how they came to that conclusion.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Sounds like you probably were giving it gas while cranking it. The bad battery wouldn't turn the car over so you obviously flooded it. Replace battery, WA LA-
    ++ + ++P3LLA++ + ++

06 STi ( Stage II ) BOOSTED
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE # 808

Well I didn't give the car any gas at all. I walked outside and the car wouldn't start. I tried the next day and it still would not start.
    That awkward moment when you realize that an energy drink company has a better space program than your country...