What next?

This is a discussion on What next? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys I have a quick question for you! We'll I put a invidia v3 catless downpipe and a invidia ...

What next?

Hey guys I have a quick question for you! We'll I put a invidia v3 catless downpipe and a invidia g200 catback and I'm tuned to stage 2 with a v3 accesses port. But what do I do next for performance? I'm a little lost. Any input would be great !

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I'm guessing you have a 2005 WRX? Where do you feel that it is lacking in performance? Personally, I would do short shifter, all shifter bushings, springs & struts, and front and rear sway bars.. along with some HPS brake pads, and good summer tires.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    I'm guessing you have a 2005 WRX? Where do you feel that it is lacking in performance? Personally, I would do short shifter, all shifter bushings, springs & struts, and front and rear sway bars.. along with some HPS brake pads, and good summer tires.
    Yeah I have a 05 wrx and thanks man! Does a shot shifter realy add any performance ?

Quote Originally Posted by 05'Franco View Post
    Yeah I have a 05 wrx and thanks man! Does a shot shifter realy add any performance ?

That depends.. What are you using to measure "performance"?

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    That depends.. What are you using to measure "performance"?
    I shouldn't of said performance I mean dose it have a benefit if I install it?

It's a matter of personal preference.. to me, it feels better. You don't have to move your hand as far, and less leverage means firmer engagement. If I were driving, I would probably average faster lap times in Auto X with a short shifter installed.. I would be less likely to mis-shift, then again I'm used to the SS, so that would play a role.