Safe Mods, Longevity, Performance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Safe Mods, Longevity, Performance within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone, I would like to know what are some very safe mods that I can do to the engine ...

Wink Safe Mods, Longevity, Performance

Hey everyone,

I would like to know what are some very safe mods that I can do to the engine to make it run better and without problems. Something to upgrade the quality of materials used by factory... For example: better quality hoses, etc.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nothing the safest thing to do is keep it stock with warranty.

Get a COBB Accessport.

Quote Originally Posted by 13WrXx View Post
    nothing the safest thing to do is keep it stock with warranty.
    Besides that lol that's why I said SAFE but thanks anyway

so are you trying to do performane mods? if so then yea get the cobb ap and download stage 1

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Keeping a car completely stock, driving it responsibly, routine inspections, and following the service manual to the Tee is the best thing you can do. Subaru is the best at building Subarus and using their parts and not modifying the car will give you the best results as far as reliability, longevity, etc.

But who wants to keep their car stock?...lol. If you're talking about "safe" mods, a stage 1 or 2 tune from a reputable tuner with quality parts is considered "safe." Most stereo or interior upgrades I would consider "safe" And there's a lot of room for improvement with Subaru interiors. Suspension upgrades can be nice and won't sacrifice motor reliability. Urethane bushings are a nice upgrade from stock. Things like that.

How about radiator going bigger running track once a month in hot deep south Texas, would I need to get flash for that or pro tune? thinking of doing mods to keep her cool.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rush 2112 View Post
    How about radiator going bigger running track once a month in hot deep south Texas, would I need to get flash for that or pro tune? thinking of doing mods to keep her cool.
    You do not need a tune for cooling mods. I personally wouldn't buy a larger radiator. Try running instead of 50/50 coolant mixture 1/3 antifreeze and 2/3's water,A radiator top shroud and change the stock thermostat to a slightly lower temp safety T-stat.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by rush 2112 View Post
    Most of the time you don't even need to tune the car unless your're thinking about performance mods. Other than that no tune is needed I would say.

Anything else to upgrade from stock on my car?

I Support ClubWRX
    "Safest mods"???? That's a good one.

You're MODIFYING the car from the factory specifications. By definition, that is inherently "unsafe".

That said, performance brake pads, stainless steel brake lines, and high boiling point brake fluid will dramatically reduce the risk of brake fade, and improve braking feel. There are no drawbacks to these parts.

Silicon hoses with T-band clamps are an option too, although I wouldn't bother with those until the factory parts fail.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    get a good tune

Definitely was thinking about the hoses form intercooler to turbo and all that stuff and a tune is a given but now I have to find a good shop in Colorado that does good tunes.

Roll cage and helmet ;D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by magasiev13 View Post
    Most of the time you don't even need to tune the car unless your're thinking about performance mods. Other than that no tune is needed I would say.
    With a WRX, if you do anything in the engine compartment, assume first that you do indeed need a tune unless you confirm that you do not. Furthermore, a tune itself is about the safest thing you can do (I consider a stage II car safe unless it is done wrong) especially if you log the car semi-regularly.

On the older cars, the only hoses that would make a worthwhile difference performance wise on an otherwise stock to stage II car were the intercooler hoses. I don't know if that carries over to the '13.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast