Possible boost leak, 2014WRX
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Possible boost leak, 2014WRX within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys i have a 2014 WRX. Mods- Invidia DP, Cobb SF, Turboxs BOV, Cobb Stage 2+ Im experiencing what ...

Possible boost leak, 2014WRX

Hey guys i have a 2014 WRX.
    Mods- Invidia DP, Cobb SF, Turboxs BOV, Cobb Stage 2+

Im experiencing what i believe is a boost leak but I'm not sure. Im still hitting peak boost every time, but i hear this loud high pitch sound under hard acceleration. The best way to describe the sound is a tea pot on the stove. It doesn't make this noise every time, and usually only in 2-4th. It only last for a second or two. Ive already checked my DP, BOV, Throttle body hose and every other line i can and no luck. Ive been looking on the forums for a similar post/sound and can't find anything. Any help would be great, thanks!

-Chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

BOV aren't good for the third gens. That might be your problem

On my dodge dart the high whistle sound is normal under high acceleration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Do a boost leak test.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I have the 50/50 BOV, i took it off and put the stock back on already and it still makes the noise. Im going to do a test this weekend and see if i find anything. Just wondered if anyone experienced this noise before. Thanks for the help/input guys.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    I had the same noise. Hose to the IC was coming loose. Reattached with a better clamp, problem gone. I've heard others with the '11-14s who've had the same issue.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

My ic to throttle body was coming loose and making the whistling noise. I put an aftermarket avo ic to tb hose and it went away but then came back a little bit. Im running srage 2 also and I think its to much pressure for the stock tmic. I went to a slwg map and lwg map on cobb to lessen the whistle and it helped

long story short....a new ic to tb hose will help but think higher capacity tmic is the long term answer

I thought for sure that was my problem but i took the hose off. Repositioned it and tightened it down good and still i hear the noise. That was my first idea to check but its on there good. ill try changing my map and see if that helps. Ill try and get a video up later of the noise.

I wouldn't be boosting around and driving it hard untill you fix the problem.

Use T-bolt clamps for the ic hose, solved my problem and crank those suckers down.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

I Support ClubWRX
    I had to adjust mine a bunch of times. Hope you find it but im guessing thats where it is just like everyone else. The rubber got "warped" or folded funny on itself when i put it back on (if that makes any sense). I ended up ordering a new TB hose just waiting for warmer weather to complete the install.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    My stock 2014 WRX makes a barely perceivable whistle........crap I thought this is normal.....my old 1985 Volvo 245Ti (with nice mods) and no boost leaks made the same noise.

I Support ClubWRX
    You said loud. Sorry. Is it normal to make a barely perceivable high pitch whistle?

I'll order a new hose and clamps and see if that solves my problem. Oilypablo you sound like you have a normal turbo whistle. Thanks for the input guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey guys, i believe that i have a TB leak, but i am not sure. when ever i go past 3k rpm in 2-5 theres this farting noise coming from the front left of the car. like a high pressured fart sound. lol what do you guys think that the issue could be?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast