Subaru WRX Forum banner

Possible boost leak, 2014WRX

14K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  Spyder65 
#1 ·
Hey guys i have a 2014 WRX.
Mods- Invidia DP, Cobb SF, Turboxs BOV, Cobb Stage 2+

Im experiencing what i believe is a boost leak but I'm not sure. Im still hitting peak boost every time, but i hear this loud high pitch sound under hard acceleration. The best way to describe the sound is a tea pot on the stove. It doesn't make this noise every time, and usually only in 2-4th. It only last for a second or two. Ive already checked my DP, BOV, Throttle body hose and every other line i can and no luck. Ive been looking on the forums for a similar post/sound and can't find anything. Any help would be great, thanks!

-Chris

#6 ·
I had the same noise. Hose to the IC was coming loose. Reattached with a better clamp, problem gone. I've heard others with the '11-14s who've had the same issue.

#7 ·
My ic to throttle body was coming loose and making the whistling noise. I put an aftermarket avo ic to tb hose and it went away but then came back a little bit. Im running srage 2 also and I think its to much pressure for the stock tmic. I went to a slwg map and lwg map on cobb to lessen the whistle and it helped

long story short....a new ic to tb hose will help but think higher capacity tmic is the long term answer

#8 ·
I thought for sure that was my problem but i took the hose off. Repositioned it and tightened it down good and still i hear the noise. That was my first idea to check but its on there good. ill try changing my map and see if that helps. Ill try and get a video up later of the noise.

#11 ·
I had to adjust mine a bunch of times. Hope you find it but im guessing thats where it is just like everyone else. The rubber got "warped" or folded funny on itself when i put it back on (if that makes any sense). I ended up ordering a new TB hose just waiting for warmer weather to complete the install.

#16 ·
Definitely from your throttle body hose just happened to me

Pull it off and I bet it will look something similar to that get it fixed ASAP! A boost leak will kill your mpg!

Sent from my fridge using Tapatalk

#18 ·
I'm not a fan of my local dealership so I just replaced it with the mishimoto hose because the stock hose is known for problems but I'm sure they would replace it for you unless they claim your modifications caused it

Sent from my fridge using Tapatalk

#20 ·
Its an easy fix. Ive done it to mine a few times now. take off BOV and remove the recirculation hose (make sure not to loose the gasket). Take off the bolt to the metal support bracket. take off the bolts to the turbo and it should slide right off. You may want to have some silicone lubricant to spray on the rubber parts to make it slide easier. Also may want a long set of screwdrivers and a flash light. When bolting the IC to the turbo be careful not to cross thread and to not over tighten. If you dont mix up the bolts you can tighten till the paint marks line up.

#25 ·
Hmm I think those shots had something to do with it ?? lol jk. I have to replace mine its not as bad as yours.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#32 ·
Today I am picking up my 14 sedan from the dealer for the 3rd time with a TB to IC hose leak. It would be hilarious if I wasn't so furious! This time supposedly they replaced the hose. If it happens again I'm tempted to get the silicone one and drop it off for them to install. :))
Frightening that I took 5 minutes to read this forum and I now know more then they do. Yikes!

#33 ·
Wrex8, you could have Subaru warranty out the stock hose, but it will fail again.

You could replace the stock hose with an aftermarket, but reinstall the stock hose for warranty work on other items.

I just replaced my stock IC to TB hose with a Tomioka hose and life is good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.