500hp WRX advice - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 500hp WRX advice within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So it's safe to say 500hp is out the door and I should go stage 2 and call it a ...

So it's safe to say 500hp is out the door and I should go stage 2 and call it a day? Thanks for the response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Pabb_Rexx View Post
    So it's safe to say 500hp is out the door and I should go stage 2 and call it a day? Thanks for the response.

Yes. Lol
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

If you have that kind of money to spend, do some SPT upgrades and not void your warranty
    "99% of it is what you make of it. So if your life sucks, YOU suck"-Suicidal Tendencies
    DirtTrackDigest.com-Your Dirt Motorsports connection!
    Proud member of The Bugeye Mafia #175
    & Sonic Yellow Fanatic Coalition #7
    See my Bugeye here

Quote Originally Posted by Pabb_Rexx View Post

Stage 2 is a good place to start. And will be a very noticible increase over stock. However, there is plenty of room to move past stage 2 to make some more power. Will you be making 500awhp? no. But you can get to around 320-340whp safely with a good tune.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Look at my build thread
    then do that.

(my 430whp was on a low reading dyno without correction. My build was a 500whp build)
    Last edited by Sinister; 03-17-2014 at 06:42 PM.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

check out xluben's build thread on the 20g + e85. Also see his videos on youtube. I would think you don't want to invest that much money or want that much speed. If you do.. get some beefy brakes

Every new member wants that 500+whp monster right away. Get to know your car better start doing small mods read more up on these things yourself. If you are having to ask how to get 500whp you are not prepared for such project. I'd advise you to go with stage 2 then start slowly moving up a 500whp monster is gonna have to be built properly with thousands and thousands of dollars thrown under the hood and transmission (which I hope you know that)

Sorry if this sounded a bit harsh it's not meant to be.

The only bit of advice I can give you is you need to read up do hours of research on your own before you plan to do such a extreme build a 5 minute write up from a member posting on your thread is not going to benefit you in any such way.

I Support ClubWRX
    If you have the money to spend on a build like this and the determination/will power to spend said money then there is no reason why you would not be able to reach you goals. Anything is achievable through determination. GO FOR IT! and post a build thread while your at it
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by frenziedcage View Post
    Every new member wants that 500+whp monster right away. Get to know your car better start doing small mods read more up on these things yourself. If you are having to ask how to get 500whp you are not prepared for such project. I'd advise you to go with stage 2 then start slowly moving up a 500whp monster is gonna have to be built properly with thousands and thousands of dollars thrown under the hood and transmission (which I hope you know that)
    I'm going to agree here.

I started with stage 2. And it kept not being enough. But the nice thing was, every part I put on was quality, and worked fine with the next step... and the next step... and the next step. So as long as you do your research, you can keep pushing until it's enough power!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I am going to commit heresy here:

If 500hp is what you want and all you are going to do is throw money at a car, start with a car that you know can handle that much power to begin with.

You should look at a Shelby Mustang 500 GT. 600 hp and build to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by skimd View Post
    I am going to commit heresy here:

If 500hp is what you want and all you are going to do is throw money at a car, start with a car that you know can handle that much power to begin with.

You should look at a Shelby Mustang 500 GT. 600 hp and build to handle it.

A WRX can more than handle that kind of power it just cost a ton of money in mods.

If hes really enthusiastic about having a 500whp monster it can be done I just advise to do countless hours of research to do it right..

Back to skimd there's plenty of people on here that have over 500 to the wheels it can be done. Some people prefer having a 500whp monster wrx over a muscle car myself included.

Quote Originally Posted by frenziedcage View Post
    If hes really enthusiastic about having a 500whp monster it can be done I just advise to do countless hours of research to do it right..

Back to skimd there's plenty of people on here that have over 500 to the wheels it can be done. Some people prefer having a 500whp monster wrx over a muscle car myself included.
    I love my WRX. There's a LONG way to go to safely get it to 500HP. But you start with the love of the car.

Maybe I misread his original post. It seemed like he just wanted to buy a car and then throw down 20K in mods to get it there. I did not feel the love of the Rex in the post.

You can get the WRX to 750 HP. But I think the research, the steps, the evolution is part of the fun.

I stand by my statement-- if you just one 500 HP from a car by throwing money at it, the Shelby GT 500 is the way to go./

Quote Originally Posted by skimd View Post
    I love my WRX. There's a LONG way to go to safely get it to 500HP. But you start with the love of the car.

Maybe I misread his original post. It seemed like he just wanted to buy a car and then throw down 20K in mods to get it there. I did not feel the love of the Rex in the post.

You can get the WRX to 750 HP. But I think the research, the steps, the evolution is part of the fun.

I stand by my statement-- if you just one 500 HP from a car by throwing money at it, the Shelby GT 500 is the way to go./

I agree 100% you don't just start out buying a wrx and throwing 20k into it and making it a beast.

To OP Start out slow gain love and passion for the car add mods slowly stage 1 stage 2 getting into bigger mods more power bigger turbo and so on. If you want 500hp off the start then a muscle car is where you need to look not the subaru. A WRX is a car designed for corners it is in no way a drag car, but if you really want that 500whp you need to start out slow and do you're research like I stated earlier.

Wait, I got it!

818 S & R | Factory Five Racing

Sure it says 2004 wrx, but you'll have an extra 10K to convert it to the new version of the wrx. You can do it (and post a build thread).

This might, or might not, be what I was thinking about doing, and want a guinea pig before I jump in.
    2013 DGM WRX - Perrin CAI | PW TMIC | Forge BPV | Cobb DP | GS EBCS | DW 65C Pump | Perrin ELH & Uppipe | NGK One-Step Colder | Bren ProTune
    Best Time (on 4.21.13): 12.26 sec @ 113 mph

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast