2013 WRX Limited.....went Stage 1

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX Limited.....went Stage 1 within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; At a little over 8k, went Cobb Stage 1 (thank you, Uncle Sam!) Overall Impressions: Great improvement over the stock ...

2013 WRX Limited.....went Stage 1

At a little over 8k, went Cobb Stage 1 (thank you, Uncle Sam!)

Overall Impressions: Great improvement over the stock tune...much more midrange/part throttle power. The intake does get a little loud and vacuum cleaner-sounding to me, but as long as you're not using the throttle as an on and off switch.....you eventually get the feeling and can actually adjust driving style by sound. I replaced the stock bov with a Greddy Type-S, full recirc a while back, and now the car has the quiet giggling chipmunk sound at low boost and full Psshhhhh when quick changing gears at full power....fully audible now. Get's a little annoying?...sure....Cool as ****?, YEP!

I had a round trip from Burbank to Anaheim today (110+ miles), in 88+ degree weather (yep....SoCal the last days of winter....)!, stop and go like a mofo with moments of open throttle.....averaged 20.5 mpg over a previous 18.5 running stock tune. Impressive enough for me! That is a great $$$ savings, which balances out the cost in a way.

Worth that much??...ehhh....maybe. Still need to delve into the system a little more and exploit the features, but overall, I'm one happy Subi owner.

Keep it Horizontal!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	139833
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	139841

Congrats. I got one too and very happy with it.

Thread may be dead but I'll give it a go. How has the stage 1 treated you in the long run? I want to do that only but just gagging whether it's worth the risk...

Quote Originally Posted by CoolGuyRx2 View Post
    At a little over 8k, went Cobb Stage 1 (thank you, Uncle Sam!)

Overall Impressions: Great improvement over the stock tune...much more midrange/part throttle power. The intake does get a little loud and vacuum cleaner-sounding to me, but as long as you're not using the throttle as an on and off switch.....you eventually get the feeling and can actually adjust driving style by sound. I replaced the stock bov with a Greddy Type-S, full recirc a while back, and now the car has the quiet giggling chipmunk sound at low boost and full Psshhhhh when quick changing gears at full power....fully audible now. Get's a little annoying?...sure....Cool as ****?, YEP!

I had a round trip from Burbank to Anaheim today (110+ miles), in 88+ degree weather (yep....SoCal the last days of winter....)!, stop and go like a mofo with moments of open throttle.....averaged 20.5 mpg over a previous 18.5 running stock tune. Impressive enough for me! That is a great $$$ savings, which balances out the cost in a way.

Worth that much??...ehhh....maybe. Still need to delve into the system a little more and exploit the features, but overall, I'm one happy Subi owner.

Keep it Horizontal!

After 3 weeks after going Stage Uno....I would say it was worth it. Feels much more responsive, changing the stock bov helped that as well, but the cleanup in the mid is really nice. Since I'm in Ca, I can only run the 91 octane map, but 16 psi feels good. I like the gauge option on the handset, but like others have said, it's hard to get that bad boy to stick! Using the fuel economy map is cool too.....saved me some gas....as gas prices continue to creep up toward summer.

I would say its a good plus for drivability and Access (lol)......plus the option to tune for different situations is priceless.

....it also breaks traction a lot easier....I see the yellow sideways light much more than before!

Thanks for sharing your results. I just bought a '14 limited from South Coast last night.

Was looking at the pic of your boost gauge. Is it a direct fit plug in, or did you have to run vacuum line to the manifold?

Now time for s2 you'll love s2

Spliced the vacuum line from the bov, it's where the dealer puts the SPT gauge.
    Stage 2 will be a while...but definitely looking forward.