Is an adapter needed for the invidia q300 on a stock dp on an '13 WRX?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Is an adapter needed for the invidia q300 on a stock dp on an '13 WRX? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I just got my Invidia q300 Quad exhaust for my hatch. And i am wondering if it's necessary ...

Is an adapter needed for the invidia q300 on a stock dp on an '13 WRX?

Hey guys, I just got my Invidia q300 Quad exhaust for my hatch. And i am wondering if it's necessary to get an adapter for the stock dp? I am new to this and I am installing this myself. I need your expertise on this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh yeah, if i need an adapter which type of an adapter do i need for the 2013 hatch?

Grimmspeed makes an adapter for the OEM downpipe to 3" catback, however, you can install it with the OEM donut gasket.. It will seal properly.

^^ What he said. You dont need the adapter but it wouldnt hurt to have it. I have read some have had a leak even with the OEM donut gasket but some dont.

I Support ClubWRX
    The adapter your looking for is called an invidia catted or catless DP

This should be it good its worth getting also your oem hangers should be ok
    Subaru Stock DP>Aftermarket 3 in. Catback Adapter - GrimmSpeed
    Last edited by cflip2x; 03-12-2014 at 09:45 PM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

yeah it is a catted. i was looking into the grimmspeed adapter too. but i was good if i take the donut gasket off the oem dp i can bolt the catt with the oem dp and the gasket that came with the invidia exhaust.

I Support ClubWRX
    all good making a joke screw the adapter get downpipe and go stage 2 :P
    if your taking the time why not spend the extra money and do it right but thats my 2 cents good luck with the car.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    all good making a joke screw the adapter get downpipe and go stage 2 :P
    if your taking the time why not spend the extra money and do it right but thats my 2 cents good luck with the car.
    that sounds so tempting lol.

I Support ClubWRX
    I say enjoy the car for what it is and maybe go with a clear bar I know the awesome NewEnglad roads VS the thin Subaru paint the roads win

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Yeah. i have war wounds already. but i have to say when we had the snow storms it was hell fun riding my WRX.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah its alot of fun from far my paint doesn't look bad but when up close I almost want to repaint the entire front also my bumper I almost want an extra winter one

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.