Subaru WRX Forum banner

Sti Genome exhaust?

12K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Mikie13 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I was hoping you could help me with this Genome exhaust.
From my understanding Genome is kind of like the "japanese Spt".

Now, does anyone know the pipe diameter of the jdm Sti Genome exhaust? 04-07 usdm stock Sti?
Also, is the Genome exhaust for the 04-07 Sti a full catback or just the axle back? If its a full cb, is the midpipe different than a stock Sti midpipe? Still have a resonator?

My 05 Wrx has catless uppipe, cobb catted dp and oem 04-07 Sti catback. Just wondering if I should keep the Sti midpipe and just get the Genome axleback, or if I should get the full Genome catback (if it exists, and midpipe is better)

#2 ·
#3 ·
First off, what car do you have? If it's an 05, then the STI CBE that's on it is still a 2.5in exhaust. The Genome appears to also be a 2.5in exhaust since it looked like a Version 8 STI option (axleback or CBE, both look like 2.5in). The full CBEs are generally harder to come by. The midpipe of the genome CBE actually looks the same as a standard STI midpipe.

Genome is a cool exhaust and very rare...you'd probably be fine with getting just the axleback if you can find one.

#5 ·
Apparently the Sti Genome exhaust is just the Spt exhaust with "Sti Genome" engraved/painted on the tip. That accurate?

Maybe I'm looking for the "jdm sti performance muffler". As seen in the first link of the second post, listed as #3.

#6 ·
SPT is not Genome...otherwise it would say "SPT" on it...if you look for pics of the SPT exhaust, it's shaped completely different. The SPT is just a rebadged Bosal muffler anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.