Cobb Stage 1 package - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Cobb Stage 1 package within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, Getting my APv3 today via UPS. Thank to Rallysportdirect.com for the sale price and quick shipping! Just wondering ...

Hey all,

Getting my APv3 today via UPS. Thank to Rallysportdirect.com for the sale price and quick shipping!
    Just wondering how soon after loading the Stage 1 map I should run a datalog. Also, what's the best/safest way to do a datalog. I live in the city, so i don't know if the highway early in the AM is the best time/place. Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chris14WRX View Post
    How did the tail light over lays go for you? My buddy did just those on his 14 hatch and he has a hell of a time lmao. Looks good btw!
    The tail light over lays sucked. It was harder then I thought. Just takes time and and redos.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenshii View Post
    I just bought and installed here said parts and I've learned a couple of things. There is absolutely very little room to work with. In order to remove the airbox, you NEED a ratchet extension, or you will have less than 1" of space to use a regular one if you can manage it (I did, don't recommend it).

Airbox is fitted by some miracle with little room for play. I found that disconnecting the rubber hose from the stock airbox would have been the primary step I should have taken in order to make this easier. The easiest way to do this was to completely loosen the straps holding it in, and peel it back like a condom? (Lol)

Keep anything you don't want to lose away from the engine bay, as well as anything that can fall into the intake pipe.

Aside from that, Cobb isn't the perfect fit, although you can work with that. That being said the only drawback I found was the intake plastic (plastic hose you attach the filter to) rattles at low rpm. This is an easy fix, it's either the Y plate holding the filter or the SF airbox. Gonna take it out and line those with the rubber seal it came with. (Only lined scoop and hose areas).

Also I'm not sure if it's an issue but I did find water and salt marks on and in the air scoop, that being said I'm not sure how much could have gotten or possibly could, I also put a hydro shield on it, seeing how I had one from a previous vehicle. Looks very clean, just wish the rubber Cobb hose was easier to work with (size)

Anyone else here actually manage to stick their access tuner anyone on their car? Mine simply refuses to stick anywhere. Great tool, also like the magnet on it to keep it in place, just can't get the actual thing to stick

- great alternative for a blow off valve, couldn't be happier.
    You might want to double check make sure everything is tight, I left everything loose tell I had it all together then tighten it all. I have no rattle and it fits really well. The mount for the v3 i placed mine on my car and it's still holding strong. The tape it came with sucked so I pulled it off and got strong double sided tape and just cut it to size

Quote Originally Posted by WrxNate View Post
    Hey all,

Getting my APv3 today via UPS. Thank to Rallysportdirect.com for the sale price and quick shipping!
    Just wondering how soon after loading the Stage 1 map I should run a datalog. Also, what's the best/safest way to do a datalog. I live in the city, so i don't know if the highway early in the AM is the best time/place. Any suggestions?
    I contacted Cobb and asked the same things and I kinda at first just watched everything in all different types of driving. Hope you like it and are enjoying it. Did you do the intake too?

Alright, yea I was just wondering cause redline-ish in 3rd is well above the speed limits.
    No, for $ reasons I only did the AP. I will just have to do the intake at another point. Just another thing to add to my list to do once it's warm enough to work on my car outside. Damn poorly insulated single car garage!

Yeah I haven't done a datalog yet...I was in a hurry to get it installed when we had a nice day with the bipolar weather we have here in VA

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    2003 Nissan Sentra GXE (Traded)
    2004 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V (200000 + miles and still kicking)
    2010 Nissan Maxima SV (Traded)
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12