Downpipe

This is a discussion on Downpipe within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys I have an 05 wrx and just got my invidia catless down pipe and cobb v3. Would It ...

Downpipe

Hey guys I have an 05 wrx and just got my invidia catless down pipe and cobb v3. Would It hurt my car if I put the down pipe on now and then get it tuned this weekend?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you have an a acessport why would you wait until this weekend to tune it?
    ~2004 Subaru Wrx - Stage 2
    ~2013 Honda Civic

-I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.
    -Nobody remembers the guy who finished second but the guy who finished second.
    -Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    As long as you don't drive it anywhere it won't hurt. If you're going to boost, then your car needs to be tuned for the downpipe.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    As long as you don't drive it anywhere it won't hurt. If you're going to boost, then your car needs to be tuned for the downpipe.
    even shorter. don't drive it with a catless DP without a tune.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I have the v3 access port should I just down load a map or get a pro tune?

You spent the big money to buy it. If you want to install the downpipe then you can just run the stage 2 map from Cobbs website. If you wish to get a pro tune later then do so but the map from Cobb is free. I'm running the stage 2 map from Cobb right now on my 04 wrx.
    ~2013 Honda Civic

-I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.
    -Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

The AP has a map included that should work for your car. A real tune is always better than something off the shelf.. whether you should pay for it or not is up to you and how your car responds to the OTS map.

Personally, I wouldn't run an OTS map, but plenty of people do and are happy with the results.

I'm not running anything but the catless downpipe. The stage 2 would be good for that?

The stage 2 tune is for a Downpipe. You'll need to check with Cobb about a catless down pipe. I think they recommend one with a cat.
    ~2013 Honda Civic

https://static.cobbtuning.com/cobbtu..._WRX_02-05.pdf

The Cobb stage 2 map should be fine with just an aftermarket catless downpipe, but you ALWAYS should log after changing your tune to make sure everything is okay.