Prices for rebuilt motor
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Prices for rebuilt motor within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone i have a 2013 wrx right now and I'm undecided if I'm going stage 2 this coming spring ...

Prices for rebuilt motor

Hey everyone i have a 2013 wrx right now and I'm undecided if I'm going stage 2 this coming spring or not. If I do I want to make sure i have enough funds for a rebuilt motor. I'm seeing prices from 3k up to 10k lol
    So my ? For you guys is would 4-5k put aside be enough to rebuild my engine for a reliable stage 2 wrx? possibly bump up to the 350whp range.
    I won't be doing any of the work so the cost as to include labor.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This depends entirely on what will be "built" into the rebuilt block. But honestly if you have a built block it is no longer "stage 2". It will be far beyond that. Stage two is strictly bolt on mods, that being an intake and a full turbo back exhaust with a tune. Whether that be protune or with a Cobb Accessport is entirely up to the owner.

So I guess in summation, I'm confused as to what you want out of your build and what you are asking. Or is this a question as to how much money to set aside for a rebuilt motor when (if) you blow up your motor on stage 2?
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

How much money to put aside if or when my car decides to have a ring land failure.

Quote Originally Posted by 13WrXx View Post
    How much money to put aside if or when my car decides to have a ring land failure.
    Well I'm not entirely sure about that. IMO if you do tune properly and install the parts properly and don't drive the car around like a jackass everywhere then you can avoid the problem of a blown up motor all together....
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Including labor, I'd be thinking you'd need at least $4k-5k...that'd probably be for the price of rebuilding your current motor.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Yea I don't drive my car like an ass at all . I just like knowing i have the power when I want to use it. It's strictly a dd.
    I just called 2 shops one quoted me at 11k and the other 3500. Big difference

How long should a rebuilt motor with cp pistons last? At stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by 13WrXx View Post
    How long should a rebuilt motor with cp pistons last? At stage 2
    No way of knowing...9 million different factors go into that. Generally speaking, rebuilt motors have a tendency to not last near as long as stock even though they are made to handle more power for that shorter life cycle.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

But I will also say this...if you want a rebuilt motor that's more robust...staying at Stage 2 is probably going to be a waste.

yea i just dont want to run into tranny issues too tho. but like i said i dont drive like an ass and bang through all my gears and i neve shift at redline

I Support ClubWRX
    A properly tuned S2 car should last as long as a stock one
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Seems like there is way more confidence on clubwrx than nasioc. I've read so many threads on nasioc that it's been scaring the **** out of me

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 13WrXx
    Seems like there is way more confidence on clubwrx than nasioc. I've read so many threads on nasioc that it's been scaring the **** out of me
    If your car blows up @ S2, there's either something off with the tune or the car would've blown up stock.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Is there constant dataloggin and what not when stage 2? I would be going to efi to get a protune. Or is it mainly just watchin boost and afr levels?

I know it's a good idea to always watch for knock count and everything but just curious if having a cobb v3 and just running the gauges at all times.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast