Prices for rebuilt motor - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Prices for rebuilt motor within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; You can get gauges: Wideband AFR, Boost, and EGT or oil pressure perhaps are very good to know...

You can get gauges: Wideband AFR, Boost, and EGT or oil pressure perhaps are very good to know
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The new cobb accessport has most of those gauges already right?

i called The Shop in ct today and he qouted me for $3500 which i thought was really good! I looked up some reviews about theem they seem to do real good work. and he was nice and sounded like he knew what he was talkinig about on the phone.

I've had to rebuild my motor I got quotes from various people including subaru and pretty much every quote was consistent with roughly 6k pretty much everywhere. It also depends on what the built motor will consist of. For a stock rebuild you'll be looking at 6k solid pretty much everywhere. Those are the quotes that I got from various people anyways.

a built stage 2 motor? does that even exist? no injectors? headers?

If I built my motor I would prob go with injectors, fp, and tmic and that's it.

depending one what level you want your "stage 2" to be and what mods you do you might be better off doing the injectors fuel pump and tmic now.

with that said, you can't go wrong with EFI logics and a mike botti tune.

as with anything in life plan for the worst, hope for the best. engine goes, you need a new block, heads are screwed. put away/save 10k and call it a day. that way you can either just use the $$ for a new car or rebuild the wrx. assuming you have it paid off already

I have most of it paid off. I could pay it off now I just want to keep building my credit. But I want to put the least amt of parts on my car for now. And if anything does happen that's when ill add the injectors tmic n fp.

so you're guna need a cobb AP (efi only tunes with the AP), and a downpipe (catted or catless). the intake is fine under 300whp, and the bpv and tmic are ok if you keep the tune conservative. pretty simple right there. where are you located? im right near efi

I'm in north jersey about 2 hrs from efi. My setup is going to be invidia catted, ap, most likely the cobb sf with box just for the turbo sound and I already have te spt catback. And I would ask for a very conservative safe tune. I'm not all about the numbers. If rather have my brand new car last a real long time lol.

Obviously not the same engine, but my '04 has been S2 for over 150k miles now. I guess i haven't followed along a lot with the changes to the engines over the years, but i would think you'd be fine for a while if you're generally timid. I wasn't at first, and still do the occasional once a week pull getting on the freeway. Trans problems shouldn't really show up unless you slam gears or launch it often. 222k miles on my stock trans too... 222k on my stock clutch even.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

Wow that's alot of miles! I think I'm still just going to do wheels and tires first and if I still have some extra cash left over for stage 2 ill do it in the spring/summer

And mine just blew up. 2012 WRX, stage 2. Cobb sf intake, invidia catted downpipes and catback. other things like short shift and bushings but not much else relevant. Was driving on the interstate, started hearing this rhythmic knocking sound and was like WTF, is that my engine or do i have something slapping against my undercarriage? I got off, pulled to a light and stopped. Once i started going again BAM! clanking sounds everywhere and the engine stalled. All she wrote. I just had it towed back to the dealer a couple hours ago. I don't drive it hard, no track use, redlines, or launches. No flat foot shifting, just daily driver. My baby... and now i'm like oh ****. i'm at 26,000 miles and they're going to tell me to shove that warranty right up my ass because i have an accessport stg2 tune. Any advice on what to expect. This guy above was smart. He started trying to plan for this, I just kept my fingers crossed and prayed it wouldn't happen. Well... Here I am. If i have to rebuild it any ideas on the best way to go about it? Once the dealership tells me what's up should i just have it towed to a performance shop (really far away) and have them rebuild it, or could i have the dealership put in better parts that i order? I'm at a lost here.

Damn sorry to hear that man. I actually ended up staying stock and I might be trading the car in this weekend. My advice to you is to def bring it to a performance shop. I know it's a hike up Iag offers a 1 year 12 Mth warranty on their blocks . Try to go to a place that tunes as well so there's less fingering pointing if your built block decides to take a ****.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Krismgm View Post
    And mine just blew up. 2012 WRX, stage 2. Cobb sf intake, invidia catted downpipes and catback. other things like short shift and bushings but not much else relevant. Was driving on the interstate, started hearing this rhythmic knocking sound and was like WTF, is that my engine or do i have something slapping against my undercarriage? I got off, pulled to a light and stopped. Once i started going again BAM! clanking sounds everywhere and the engine stalled. All she wrote. I just had it towed back to the dealer a couple hours ago. I don't drive it hard, no track use, redlines, or launches. No flat foot shifting, just daily driver. My baby... and now i'm like oh ****. i'm at 26,000 miles and they're going to tell me to shove that warranty right up my ass because i have an accessport stg2 tune. Any advice on what to expect. This guy above was smart. He started trying to plan for this, I just kept my fingers crossed and prayed it wouldn't happen. Well... Here I am. If i have to rebuild it any ideas on the best way to go about it? Once the dealership tells me what's up should i just have it towed to a performance shop (really far away) and have them rebuild it, or could i have the dealership put in better parts that i order? I'm at a lost here.
    Where in Northern VA are you?
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast