Open up a '13 wrx engine? requesting all advice and opinions - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Open up a '13 wrx engine? requesting all advice and opinions within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Kevin Pedrosa regarding cars being swapping engines several times year is due to the fact they are ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Pedrosa View Post
    regarding cars being swapping engines several times year is due to the fact they are pushing the car hard but going 20mph or even 70 mph as in a normal drive isn't going to destroy engine unless something was not put together correctly
    Keep telling yourself that.

The forged pistons will tell your cylinder walls otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

I Support ClubWRX

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Pedrosa View Post
    ..but going 20mph or even 70 mph as in a normal drive isn't going to destroy engine unless something was not put together correctly

But no one does that.. if that's your plan, then you might as well keep it stock. A 700hp Subaru isn't going to have any power just cruising around town.. it will be ****ty to drive. I mean NO power under 5500rpm, you'll get smoked by Prius on a daily basis unless you want to "get on it", and then you're back to straining every component in the drivetrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    The forged pistons will tell your cylinder walls otherwise.

Also, ^this. Even just putting around town, I wouldn't expect the most expertly built race engine to last more than about 30k miles. Looser tolerances, and greater expansion rates of parts come in to play. There's a reason Subaru doesn't use forged internals from the start.

Still trying to figure out if OP is trolling or srs. 1000hp+ DD? I don't know what you eat, OP, but I want to poop money too!

Sent from my Nexus 4

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    1000hp is easy. I did that on the stock clutch.

You should shoot for over 9000.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Hey OP, get a prius.

I Support ClubWRX
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    Guys, there are tons of DDs out there with 1000 HP. See the examples below.

http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

MTM
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    1000hp is easy. I did that on the stock clutch.

You should shoot for over 9000.

ohh hell no theres is going to be use of the hp I'm saying the way they put the perspective of me using heavy hp car is rip it down every street i see that would make switch my engine every week. what i was trying to say is I'm going be using full throttle every 1/4… taking that little cruise with excitement is where I'm trying to get at if you understand
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    What is the point of building a million hp wrx if you're just going to cruise it at 70 mph? Serious question, not trying to be a ****.

I Support ClubWRX
    Be sure to post a build thread, it will be very popular. Good luck and enjoy.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I'm not expecting the engine fully built that way to last even 10k… but like i mentioned before cruise thing was just an example there will be weekends where i would take it drag strip or track and let the beast out. but there's time for everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    But no one does that.. if that's your plan, then you might as well keep it stock. A 700hp Subaru isn't going to have any power just cruising around town.. it will be ****ty to drive. I mean NO power under 5500rpm, you'll get smoked by Prius on a daily basis unless you want to "get on it", and then you're back to straining every component in the drivetrain.

Also, ^this. Even just putting around town, I wouldn't expect the most expertly built race engine to last more than about 30k miles. Looser tolerances, and greater expansion rates of parts come in to play. There's a reason Subaru doesn't use forged internals from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Be sure to post a build thread, it will be very popular. Good luck and enjoy.
    when i start to build it sure. but i don't think the average person would follow such a build. but ill get it where i want to one day it will probably be couple of years before it finished

If you're serious about it and really going to do it, I'll certainly follow it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast