Open up a '13 wrx engine? requesting all advice and opinions - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Open up a '13 wrx engine? requesting all advice and opinions within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; All we can do is wait and see.......

All we can do is wait and see....
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    You can build it to make 750hp, but the only way it's going to be a daily driver is if you hire someone to follow you around in another car all day to pick you up when it breaks. Yeah, the ESX car makes a good amount of power, and so do a few others that I know of.. but NONE of them are daily drivers. These are cars that are only driven 1/4 mile at a time, and they have the engine replaced SEVERAL times a year. I'm willing to bet all of the 700+hp Subarus you can list spend more time with the engine out of the car than in it. Unless your name is Fred Flintstone, you're not going to be daily driving a 700+hp Subaru.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Unless your name is Fred Flintstone, you're not going to be daily driving a 700+hp Subaru.
    In for pics of Fred Flinstone's DD 700hp Subaru.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Pedrosa View Post
    I've only asked them for a build not that'll buy anything from them. i can get parts cheaper then what these mechanics shops sell them for unless the fabricate it themselves. but even they said the reliability of being a reliable engine is low
    Im going to assume at 750hp the majority of your parts are going to fabricated. Not too many off the shelf parts for that much horse power. Have you ever been in a car with 400+ hp?! I drove a 540hp (pump gas) D1 procharged mustang as a DD. Talk about miserable. Things broke all the time, it was FAR from reliable. At the horse power parts aren't cheap to keep the build going either. Do some research

Read this link = http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1393580
    Last edited by Chief_WRX; 02-05-2014 at 04:08 PM.
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

Quote Originally Posted by Chief_WRX View Post
    Not too many off the shelf parts for that much horse power.

Sure there are.. Darton sleeves, Cosworth billet crank, Pauter X-Beam rods, Arias pistons (although those will need to be custom order). GCS S3 cams, or Kelford 282s, GSC or Supertech valvetrain, Ferrea valves, heads will need to be ported to hell and back. Stick an Ultimate Racing twinscroll kit on there.. ARM FMIC, Bullseye Power S374 turbo, or something like a FP Super 99.

Virtually all of that is off the shelf. The pistons will be custom order, but Arias already has the specs all ready to go.

My mistake MainFrame, most of those parts would be custom order correct? Essentially they are off the shelf but they aren't kept in stock because the average modder doesn't order items of the magnitude.
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

Depends on what you mean custom order. You can't run down to AutoZone and pick them up if that's what you're asking. In that case virtually every aftermarket performance Subaru part is custom order. Whenever I need something I ask my buddy that works at a distribution center. Whether it be one of those parts.. or something more common, like a Blouch turbo, or ID injectors.. my order process would be the same. (Although when I ordered cams for my car I spoke extensively with Craig at GSC and ended up having him model and make me a one off set of cams specific for my build)

I'm anxious to see what you come up with, obviously you have deep pockets, the GTR alone is not chump change. I'd just do the GTR they eat corvettes for lunch....well maybe not that new stingray ...
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

crawford is the way to go. dont know much about cars with that much HP but i have always heard crawford is a badass company

i didn't get any of these notifications but anyway . when i say DD for car i mean taking it out of the racing scene. by the time is done ill have a car to go to work etc. regarding to DD i mean like take it out whenever take long drives/ go car shows or meet like a state away stuff and etc. i know the reliability of car is not good thats why many of these shops recommended having a second car to drive around which i plan on doing. and regarding cars being swapping engines several times year is due to the fact they are pushing the car hard but going 20mph or even 70 mph as in a normal drive isn't going to destroy engine unless something was not put together correctly

Quote Originally Posted by SKI.WRX View Post
    ill look at it when i have time but thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chief_WRX View Post
    Im going to assume at 750hp the majority of your parts are going to fabricated. Not too many off the shelf parts for that much horse power. Have you ever been in a car with 400+ hp?! I drove a 540hp (pump gas) D1 procharged mustang as a DD. Talk about miserable. Things broke all the time, it was FAR from reliable. At the horse power parts aren't cheap to keep the build going either. Do some research

Read this link = Public Service Announcement. "I want 400whp!" Are you sure? - NASIOC
    ill read the link when i have free time

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    You can build it to make 750hp, but the only way it's going to be a daily driver is if you hire someone to follow you around in another car all day to pick you up when it breaks. Yeah, the ESX car makes a good amount of power, and so do a few others that I know of.. but NONE of them are daily drivers. These are cars that are only driven 1/4 mile at a time, and they have the engine replaced SEVERAL times a year. I'm willing to bet all of the 700+hp Subarus you can list spend more time with the engine out of the car than in it. Unless your name is Fred Flintstone, you're not going to be daily driving a 700+hp Subaru.
    if i could i would fred flintstone the **** out of my car haha can you picture the leg power i would have.. just makes me laugh thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Pedrosa View Post
    i didn't get any of these notifications but anyway . when i say DD for car i mean taking it out of the racing scene. by the time is done ill have a car to go to work etc. regarding to DD i mean like take it out whenever take long drives/ go car shows or meet like a state away stuff and etc. i know the reliability of car is not good thats why many of these shops recommended having a second car to drive around which i plan on doing. and regarding cars being swapping engines several times year is due to the fact they are pushing the car hard but going 20mph or even 70 mph as in a normal drive isn't going to destroy engine unless something was not put together correctly
    What is the point of building a million hp wrx if you're just going to cruise it at 70 mph? Serious question, not trying to be a ****.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast