Open up a '13 wrx engine? requesting all advice and opinions - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Open up a '13 wrx engine? requesting all advice and opinions within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Heide264 If I sold car parts for a living, I would say whatever I need to sell ...

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    If I sold car parts for a living, I would say whatever I need to sell them to you. Especially if the not-so-smart-individual on the other end of the line is going to break a LOT of parts... that is a LOT of business ;-)
    I've only asked them for a build not that'll buy anything from them. i can get parts cheaper then what these mechanics shops sell them for unless the fabricate it themselves. but even they said the reliability of being a reliable engine is low

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me,

to me

Quote Originally Posted by Leemanfor View Post
    The problem is you are trying to squeeze that much power out of such a small motor you will need a huge turbo, and then your powerband for that size of turbo would be pretty stupid. Then you obviously wont get that on pump gas, you will need E85 or race fuel of some type.

I know in the Cobalt world a shop has a 898 whp Cobalt SS, and thats a 2.1L motor. it had to hit 56 psi to even make that power and then it was a full on race car. Everyone who has tried to get that endeavor has either quit at 500 whp when everything broke or they didn't have the funds to really pay for all the parts.
    they told me it would be around 45psi to get it to 900 range. but like i said i want to slowly build it towards there.that is another issue also fuel type I've taken that into consideration as well. at moment I'm trying to build to figure out how much i can suck out of specific engine on pump gas then gears towards e85

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I hear an LSX is a good engine to start with to get 1000hp...
    wouldn't that take the subaru out of it since its a chevy engine. even though would be much more reliable the a 2.5l H4…. yes mechanics are smart and more then just physics is against me

Where?
    Worlds Fastest Subaru WRX STi - YouTube esxmotorsport owns 1200 hp subaru capable of 1400hp .he also broke the record for the fastest subaru back in 2010 but thats the drag car

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Pedrosa View Post
    Worlds Fastest Subaru WRX STi - YouTube esxmotorsport owns 1200 hp subaru capable of 1400hp .he also broke the record for the fastest subaru back in 2010 but thats the drag car
    That's cool. And certainly badass...but there aren't a lot of them running around. They are few and far between.

Start the video at 4:30 mark and listen to what goes into it. It's not specific, but will give you a good idea...especially the part about people from all over the world working on it. Think about how much that will cost...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

in the 1000hp range isn't a lot but 700-800 theres a couple one guy in basil has 800hp sit and i believe nor weigh something like owns a 775hp…
    That's cool. And certainly badass...but there aren't a lot of them running around. They are few and far between.

Start the video at 4:30 mark and listen to what goes into it. It's not specific, but will give you a good idea...especially the part about people from all over the world working on it. Think about how much that will cost...

I Support ClubWRX
    they told me it would be around 45psi to get it to 900 range.
    If they are speaking in terms of psi instead of CFM, tell them to do their homework.

I guess the bottom line here is that you should probably step back and do your own research. You'd do well to go read a few books on EFI and turbocharger basics. While you can hire a tuner, you'll need a background in the area. Also... you may want to get into stock trading or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

in the 1000hp range isn't a lot but 700-800 theres a couple one guy in basil has 800hp sit and i believe nor weigh something like owns a 775hp…
    Huh?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

If they are speaking in terms of psi instead of CFM, tell them to do their homework.

I guess the bottom line here is that you should probably step back and do your own research. You'd do well to go read a few books on EFI and turbocharger basics. While you can hire a tuner, you'll need a background in the area. Also... you may want to get into stock trading or something.
    i already do stock trading for fun.i got the money . that isn't an issue i like to plan out the whole build before i start buying parts
    and idk maybe they should but i don't know turbos to well to judge off the bat and I'm trying to lean about the engines first before moving up to turbos

dam about correct its brazil not basil and norway * or some neighboring country
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Huh?

I Support ClubWRX
    i already do stock trading for fun.i got the money . that isn't an issue i like to plan out the whole build before i start buying parts
    and idk maybe they should but i don't know turbos to well to judge of the bat and I'm trying to lean about the engines first before moving up to turbos
    Aside from some general knowledge regarding forced induction, some punctuation and the shift key may go a long way for you, as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

hahaha yes i know. I'm multi-tasking and it doesn't work to well when I'm typing but thanks for the advice
    Aside from some general knowledge regarding forced induction, some punctuation and the shift key may go a long way for you, as well.

I Support ClubWRX
    dam about correct its brazil not basil and norway * or some neighboring country
    Last time I checked, Brazil and Norway were on different continents, unless the tectonic plates have shifted on me in the last few months.

If that's the case... brb, going to Argentina by way of Zimbabwe.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

haha not what i meant i said theres 800 hp sti in brazil and in norway or some neighboring country three a 775hp sti. i know my geography .
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Last time I checked, Brazil and Norway were on different continents, unless the tectonic plates have shifted on me in the last few months.

If that's the case... brb, going to Argentina by way of Zimbabwe.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast