Open up a '13 wrx engine? requesting all advice and opinions - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Open up a '13 wrx engine? requesting all advice and opinions within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Kevin Pedrosa I've asked crawford performance ,amr and etc. they said it isn't impossible just a lot ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Pedrosa View Post
    I've asked crawford performance ,amr and etc. they said it isn't impossible just a lot of $$$. DOnt be closed minded about it. theres a lot of 700-1400hp subarus out there.
    Where?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I've asked crawford performance ,amr and etc. they said it isn't impossible just a lot of $$$. DOnt be closed minded about it. theres a lot of 700-1400hp subarus out there.
    Capitalist markets are fantastic places. It's like asking a hair cutter if you should grow your hair out and get scissor cuts from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Quote Originally Posted by Leemanfor View Post
    Personally I'd buy a short block and go from there, seeing that you want to customize the whole way it would save you time from having to pull the engine everytime you get a mod.
    thats what i was thinking and buy the parts separately and ll end up with 2 engines which can be advantage if the other engine blows or need of repairs. but what block would be able to handle that about of hp or psi of a massive turbo. why short block? wouldn't a long block be better?

I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy,
    Because I'm easy come, easy go
    \_(ツ)_/
    Kunal - Ordered 2015 DGM WRX
    Photographer | Dancer | Tech Nerd | The Stink-Eye Mob #7
    First Mods: What and what not to do
    2011+ Big Mod Thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

Little high, little low

Sent from my iPwn
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

thats what i was thinking and buy the parts separately and ll end up with 2 engines which can be advantage if the other engine blows or need of repairs. but what block would be able to handle that about of hp or psi of a massive turbo. why short block? wouldn't a long block be better?
    well you are going to be doing a ton of work to it, and a short block is the start. I dont know how good the crank is in the EJ255 so you will want to start with that, then pistons/rods etc to the desired HP. If they have long blocks that are already customized to your liking then that would be the good route, make sure to do it right from the beginning or you will just have issues later.
    2008 Victory Red Cobalt SS Turbo
    24 psi Tune, TurboXS Catless DP, Injen upper CP, Hahn CAI, Forge VTA BOV, twin Aeroforce Interceptors, Powell Race shop CABs, CM Lowering springs, Treadstone TR10 Big FMIC.
    2014 WRX Plasma Blue Pearl
    Stock...for now

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    This thread is lawls.

The other day... I caught a 4' long river trout. The thing was gorgeous. It had teeth like a pike. I thought it would break my rod, so I just grabbed a stick and speared it.

Dude... ya aren't gonna waste money on your way to 750hp. You'll waste money in depreciation of your car. You'll waste money repairing everything that breaks once you get there. The financial ontaking for a semi-reliable subaru at even 500whp is absurd compared to the purchase price of the car.

Go get a GTR, in my mind. It'll be cheaper in the short run and the long run... Not to mention it won't break nearly as often at those power levels.

How do people think a <3L engine that packs 750hp can be reliable or fun to drive? I don't get it. If you do hit 750 hp... its gonna take redline to get your terribly mismatched turbo to hit any form of efficiency. Get a bigger engine if you want that much hp.
    the value of the car comes to no concern to me due to its sentimental value that. i know this will be hefty money pit . don't you have goals? i do and i want to reach a goal in this subaru and I'm going to it. and you mentioning gtr … its actually the next car I'm going to purchase i have other plans for it.
    Last edited by Kevin Pedrosa; 02-05-2014 at 10:02 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore...

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    Capitalist markets are fantastic places. It's like asking a hair cutter if you should grow your hair out and get scissor cuts from now on.
    i don't get your reference

Quote Originally Posted by Leemanfor View Post
    well you are going to be doing a ton of work to it, and a short block is the start. I dont know how good the crank is in the EJ255 so you will want to start with that, then pistons/rods etc to the desired HP. If they have long blocks that are already customized to your liking then that would be the good route, make sure to do it right from the beginning or you will just have issues later.
    this is where my dilemma starts is where to start. i just haven't quite figured it out from the different mechanics opinions from train of though wrx engine its self is small so I'm thinking it'll be harder to squeeze power from it

I Support ClubWRX
    i don't get your reference
    If I sold car parts for a living, I would say whatever I need to sell them to you. Especially if the not-so-smart-individual on the other end of the line is going to break a LOT of parts... that is a LOT of business ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I hear an LSX is a good engine to start with to get 1000hp...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

this is where my dilemma starts is where to start. i just haven't quite figured it out from the different mechanics opinions from train of though wrx engine its self is small so I'm thinking it'll be harder to squeeze power from it
    Mechanics are smart. Physics are against you in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore...
    you also think its not possible? from all the advance in engineering to produce such an engine is not a fantasy

The problem is you are trying to squeeze that much power out of such a small motor you will need a huge turbo, and then your powerband for that size of turbo would be pretty stupid. Then you obviously wont get that on pump gas, you will need E85 or race fuel of some type.

I know in the Cobalt world a shop has a 898 whp Cobalt SS, and thats a 2.1L motor. it had to hit 56 psi to even make that power and then it was a full on race car. Everyone who has tried to get that endeavor has either quit at 500 whp when everything broke or they didn't have the funds to really pay for all the parts.
    2008 Victory Red Cobalt SS Turbo
    24 psi Tune, TurboXS Catless DP, Injen upper CP, Hahn CAI, Forge VTA BOV, twin Aeroforce Interceptors, Powell Race shop CABs, CM Lowering springs, Treadstone TR10 Big FMIC.
    2014 WRX Plasma Blue Pearl
    Stock...for now

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast