Question on installing vf39 in 02 wrx

This is a discussion on Question on installing vf39 in 02 wrx within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm going to be installing a vf39 in my 02 wrx in a week or so here. Before I go ...

Question on installing vf39 in 02 wrx

I'm going to be installing a vf39 in my 02 wrx in a week or so here. Before I go any further, I have supporting mods, gaskets, tune lined up, yaddy yaddy yadda...

So my question is about the oil return line. I've heard the return line on the vf39 is larger than the one on the td04 or something. I couldn't find anything on exactly how to remedy this. Who can enlighten me on what I need to do before she goes under the knife so I know I won't have a headache while doing the install?

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not sure...so why not just find an STI oil return line to be safe?

I assume you have injectors/pump/TMIC lined up?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Yes, everything's good to go. Doing all the installs in one fell swoop. Guess ill just call my local Subaru dealer and get the oil line. Like I said, I'm not totally sure what all needs to be done. I just heard there is a difference. I wouldn't think a single oil return would be too expensive...