Possible project
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Possible project within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was thinking about a father son project of rebuilding a EJ25 engine to be a monster and to eventually ...

Possible project

I was thinking about a father son project of rebuilding a EJ25 engine to be a monster and to eventually put into my car with all the goodies that come along with a truly well built motor. I have not decided whether to stay at 2.5L or do a stroker to 2.6 L. Knowing the difference between the EJ255 and EJ257 are the heads, I am trying to decide on whether to by a used long block and rebuild it with performance parts or should I start with just a fresh block and build from there. Both options will in the end yield the same result, but I am looking for some real world advice from the board. If I buy a used motor I would like to buy a STI motor or EJ257 mostly because I like the center intake manifold and throttlebody, but have read about the problems exchanging the intake manifolds on a WRX for a STI intake manifold. So to bypass the problem looking at buying the entire engine. Am I going to run into wire harness problems, does not seem so, but I am not sure. I just feel this would be a great project that would teach my son tons about how a car runs, pretty much the same way me and my father built, muscle cars when I was younger. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is there no one on this board that can give me any feedback or help? I just am looking for anyone that has some experience to share it with me. Thank you so much.

I Support ClubWRX
    You will probably find more answers here..
    Built Motor Discussion - NASIOC
    If you plan on dropping that kind of coin then I would start with a fresh block.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.