Thoughts on DP and Exhaust setup?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Thoughts on DP and Exhaust setup? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting a invidia catless DP after tax return and really just have one worry. I ...

Thoughts on DP and Exhaust setup?

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of getting a invidia catless DP after tax return and really just have one worry. I am currently running a nameless axleback (muffler delete) and with the DP will almost be straight pipe. I know I will still have the the resonator but am worried that the car will be TOO loud. Anyone ever run a setup like this? how was it? I can always put stock mufflers back on until I can afford a new exhaust. Opinions?
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    The Invidia is a great peice. Definitely worth its price if not more.

It may be very loud. I've run a catless downpipe and straight pipe axleback with the stock midpipe before and it was way too loud. But my friend has a straight pipe as well and his is no where near as loud as mine. Haven't figured out why either.

Only difference between mine and his was, I have headers. I've since gotten a proper catback.

I will be running stock headers as well. I think I may give it a try, worst comes to worst, ill slap the stock mufflers back on. Did you notice quicker spool and a good power increase with the dp?
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    With the downpipe and a tune, yes of course. The downpipe is one of the biggest gains you can make for the price. I went from 225 crank (stock Hp) to ~285 crank Hp on mine with just the downpipe, that number includes the up-pipe, but not the headers; and was on the stock catback.

Ok cool! Thats what I was hoping for.

It's gonna be loud.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I've run straight pipes before, but it was on a 24v cummins. So this is out of my normal ballpark.

Its loud, I have the same setup, after a while you get use to it!
    2013 Subaru WRX OBP, COBB AP, Stage 2 Pro Tune From Innovative Tuning, Invidia Catless DP, K&N Typhoon Intake, Nameless Perforance Axel Back, 300HP Club!!!

Buddy is running the same setup (Nameless/Invidia catless DP) on his 13' STI Hatch. I myself am running the Invidia catless DP/Invidia N1 Race. Personally, I don't mind the car loud, In which I still don't think it is "All that loud" lol. But I heard from others that it is. His is not much more quiet than mine, which I guess can be considered quite loud actually. I would say your looking at 2x as loud if you were to add the catless DP on your current setup. While I was waiting for my N1, I pulled the cat back off and ran an (non resonated) open mid pipe for a couple days, now that... was loud. If anything, like you said, just put the stock exhaust on if you don't like it and want the gains. You will get used to it

Quote Originally Posted by SUBIE13WRX View Post
    Its loud, I have the same setup, after a while you get use to it!
    You don'y have any exhaust clips do you? I couldnt find 3 to 2.5 inch straight pipe videos.

Also, I know I have to get the adapter for the 3 inch down pipe to the stock mid. My friend gave me one that he had. It came off of a 2005 wrx, will that one work? I'm not sure if the flanges are the same or not?

I Support ClubWRX
    I had a set up like that. Catted DP with stock midpipe and nameless muffler delete it was loud but awesome. Then I went catless DP with nameless midpipe and now it's super loud. I have a youtube video with some revs and 2 steps if you want to hear.

That would be great!

I Support ClubWRX
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DyO4olXIxIk#
    Catted invidia DP with nameless catback muffler delete.

sounds mean, how is the drone with the catless?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast