Thoughts on DP and Exhaust setup? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Thoughts on DP and Exhaust setup? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; There is a lil more noticeable drone with the catless. But it's bearable for the brief moment it's there....

I Support ClubWRX
    There is a lil more noticeable drone with the catless. But it's bearable for the brief moment it's there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ok, cool. You get a lot of backfire?
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

I Support ClubWRX
    If your meaning the pops and bangs yes. I believe it's a actually called afterfire. I remember with jus having the muffler deletes on I would get more pops and bangs. But since going catless tbe I get lots more. But I personally like them.

That's what I figured, thanks for your help man
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

Correct. It's afterfire. I personally think it sounds badass. And it used to result in 6ft flames being shot out of my exhaust on my first STI.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Well, you learn something new everyday. Haha Iv'e been saying backfire forever.

*I've

Quote Originally Posted by spotsywrx View Post
    Well, you learn something new everyday. Haha Iv'e been saying backfire forever.
    So does everyone else...it fires from the back...so naturally people would say backfire. Though technically speaking, if something were to backfire, it would go back, from where it came. In our cases, that would be back through the turbo and the intake tract, which would be a bad thing.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

You make a very valid point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12