Subaru WRX Forum banner

Stage 2+ AFR problems

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  14swpwrx 
#1 ·
Hey,
I just got my invidia catted downpipe installed today and I am using the stage 2+ 93 octane normal wastegate map. My AEM wideband is reading 10:1 on wot pulls, and I'm over boosting. Target peak is 18.5 tapering to 13.5, I'm spiking to 20... Changing my map to stage 2+ 91 octane LWG. I can't see that solving the running rich problem, any suggestions as to what it could be? I've been reading boost leak, any other opinions? The car is a 2014 wrx with invidia catted turboback, cobb sf intake and cobb accessport. Thank you in advance.
-Tom

#2 ·
Try the LWG map like you suggested.

The rich condition is most likely being cause by a boost leak as you suggested. Check the Intercooler to Throttle body connection, it is not uncommon for that to be loose and cause a leak.

The overboosting, if not fixed by running the LWG map could indicate an issue with your boost control solenoid.

#4 ·
Hey Tom, have you been able to datalog your WBO2 along with the ECU data? It is possible that the overboost has put your car into untuned load cells and the extrapolation of the fueling is causing a rich condition. If flashing the LWG map as Craig has suggested does not offer a solution, I'd highly suspect a boost leak. The throttle-body to TMIC is a common junction for leaks.

#5 ·
Zax, I'm going to put up a datalog after work tonight. What are the easiest ways to check for a boost leak? I checked my TMIC this morning seemed tight, but I did not check the throttle body. I am going to do that tomorrow, my wideband is reading 10:1 at WOT, I'm worried it could be even lower than that. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks, Tom

#6 ·
Fuel trims will likely be off. Boost leaks are typically (but not necessarily) paired with a vacuum leak at idle and cruise. I'd like to see your Short Term Fuel Trim (STFT) and Long Term Fuel Trim (LTFT).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Zax, I recorded a 3rd gear WOT pull on my accessport. I cant figure out how to put it on this thread, or any thread at all. Its in the form of a chart, is there anyway I can message you the file or email it to you? In addition I am smelling this burning smell after I drive it, at first I thought it was my heat wrap. Could there be anything else that is burning? I just got the downpipe installed yesterday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.