Big problem! Please help! Coolant return line
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Big problem! Please help! Coolant return line within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm sorry if this is on the wrong thread, I wasn't exactly sure where to put it but hopefully it'll ...

Big problem! Please help! Coolant return line

I'm sorry if this is on the wrong thread, I wasn't exactly sure where to put it but hopefully it'll get some eyes here.

So today I was working under the hood and I accidentally put my hand in the wrong place and snapped the coolant return line nipple off of the resivoir. I've already ordered a new reservoir but this is my only means of transportation and I have to be to work tomorrow at 1. Now currently I've super glued it back on (and have a wire inside the nipple to prevent any glue from going into the coolant system) and have gorilla glue over the top of the super glue. And in the morning I'm going to run a couple beads of RTV over the top of that.

I tried earlier using a 60second eppoxi and it held up for about 5 min before the coolant ate through the epoxi. So I'm really worried my set up isn't going to last I'm the morning. :-/

Do you guys have any suggestion? (I put some pics so you know what exactly I'm talking about).
    If it comes down to it can I just seal that line off until I get the new tank? Or will it cause my car to overheat, or worse :O
    Thanks for the input.

Oh and I'm even more pizzed because the reason I broke the stupid thing in the first place is because I recently had a bung installed for a wideband and the exhaust guys cross threaded a bolt going to my turbo and stripped off all the threads, so I had to get in there with a hack saw and cut the nut off, and then in the process did this.. :-(
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.